Register now to remove this ad

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 7/21 Boston @ Detroit

Offensively we are atrorcious. Johnson looked decent again though.

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    lyyyyyyyyyyyy!
    deep sigh.......
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

Quote Originally Posted by bosoxmal View Post
    Anybody watching this dance via the tiger;s TV broadcast? Analyst mumbles, drone alomg saying little or nothing. Play by Play guy getos a word in now and then while the drpner drones on. Lousiest game of the year anyway; time for beQThe Droner is Kirk Gibson.
    Haha. I noticed the same thing. Gibson is one of the most monotone analysts I have ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Offensively we are atrorcious. Johnson looked decent again though.
    Johnson did his job, so that's a positive to take away from last night's game.

The offense has been frustrating the last 2 games, starting with Mookie. That said, they did have something like 18 men left on base over the two games which, as frustrating as it may be, at least they're getting the base runners.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Haha. I noticed the same thing. Gibson is one of the most monotone analysts I have ever heard.
    Gibson has Parkinson's Disease.

Speaking of Mr Bogart, Humphrey, not Xander, CASABALANCA, Imho, is the greatest movie that ever was or ever will be. Now, I feel much better.
    He made some good ones. I like African Queen a lot. That scene with the leeches was gross as fuck.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    His conversations with Eck were pretty cool.

Of course, I am a big Eck fan.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Despite the monotone voice , Gibson made some good points. Of course , it is almost obligatory for Sox fans to criticize and ridicule other announcers. Which is kind of funny because Dave O'Brien really , truly sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    He made some good ones. I like African Queen a lot. That scene with the leeches was gross as fuck.
    Agree, Spud. When Bogie made AQ, he no longer was insecure about his extreme over-bite. In fact, he pretty much flaunted it in this movie. Rumor had it that in his earlier films, he would have his upper lip glued to his front teeth so the over-bite wouldn't stand out.

Agree, Spud. When Bogie made AQ, he no longer was insecure about his extreme over-bite. In fact, he pretty much flaunted it in this movie. Rumor had it that in his earlier films, he would have his upper lip glued to his front teeth so the over-bite wouldn't stand out.
    I never knew any of this.

"Filthy little Devils".

At some point in a big game, possibly a playoff game, our baserunning is going to come back to haunt us.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I was not aware of that.

My apologies to Mr. Gibson for my previous comments.