Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Britton dealt to Yankees

Britton dealt to Yankees

Looks like 3 prospects heading back to the O’s headlined by our #9 prospect, Dillon Tate. Josh Rogers is apparently in the deal as well
    Hal sucks

I wonder if this deal was a short term chance to give Chapman some time to heal and long term, a chance for our guys to shorten games.

Britton, Warren, Betances, Holder, KRob, Chapman, Green. We can take a game from the 3rd inning on without taxing anyone

It looks like the third prospect is Cody Carroll from the Triple A roster

Dillon Tate, Cody Carroll, and Josh Rogers. Rogers is no loss. I liked Carroll and am surprised they included him here as he’s a flamethrower who I thought would be in our pen next year. Tate is a good get for Baltimore for a rental. Tate has finally started to strike guys out, but he’s been unpredictable and injury prone in his time with us. We sold pretty high on him here, although I thought we could get more than a pen rental for him

The crazy thing about the Yankee side is that they will have to make a couple more deals like this. Their prospect machine went haywire and they’re about to face an even bigger Rule V crunch. All 3 of the guys dealt would have had to have been protected. They need to make a few more moves to avoid losing guys for nothing this offseason

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    I wonder if this deal was a short term chance to give Chapman some time to heal and long term, a chance for our guys to shorten games.
    I wonder if there is serious concern about Chapman's health.

I don’t. He’s been dealing with patellar tendinitis for the whole year. I’ve had it when I was pitching. It’s not a constant pain. It’s an intermittent ache that can be quite bothersome. We have the luxury to baby him for awhile to let this heal.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    I don’t. He’s been dealing with patellar tendinitis for the whole year. I’ve had it when I was pitching. It’s not a constant pain. It’s an intermittent ache that can be quite bothersome. We have the luxury to baby him for awhile to let this heal.
    That last outing was crazy tho

Exactly it was. When it flares up, it’s hard to locate. Mine was in my landing leg which was far more bothersome. His is in his drive leg which doesn’t impact the ground with the force that the lead leg does. I wonder if Britton’s arrival sends Chap to the DL with the instruction to rest and get the knee in better shape come the stretch run. By the postseason, I would expect it not to be a big worry

Assuming good health from our relievers come October, we only need two innings from our starters before we can go to the pen AND not overwork then. In the postseason, there are rarely more than two games in a row. That usually only happens in the case of a rainout. We could go Tanaka for 2, Warren, Holder, Britton, Green, Robertson, Betances and Chapman for the final 21 outs and have everyone ready to go for the next game.