Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Yanks deal for Voit

Yanks deal for Voit

Yanks got Luke Voit from the Cardinals along with $1 mil in INTL funds for Chases Shreve and Giovanny Gallegos. The INTL money was the most important part for the Yankees. We had spent all of ours and needed to finalize our deals with Verdura and Rodriguez. We’ve got probably one more deal for INTL money to go. In terms of Voit, the Yankees got a RH hitter with power who couldn’t make a rather stacked StL club this year. He’s hitting well in AAA. He’s likely headed to the big club to serve as an offensive option for Boone until either Frazier or Judge return.
    Hal sucks

Yanks also just traded Caleb Frare to the White Sox for $1.5M intl. bonus money. Would have been another Rule 5 victim.

We’re signing Cubans Rodriguez and Verdecia with that money. We’re also in on Gaston

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    As a Red Sox fan, I'm really going to miss Chasen Shreve
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

No kidding. He was the human white flag

Legend
    How much money you project to have in INT'L Money next year?

Yanks started off with $4.98M, added $1.5M with Frare deal and $1M with the Shreve deal, so I believe it's $7.48M available. There could have been other smaller transactions throughout the year that I'm not accounting for, but that's probably the ballpark number.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    Yanks started off with $4.98M, added $1.5M with Frare deal and $1M with the Shreve deal, so I believe it's $7.48M available. There could have been other smaller transactions throughout the year that I'm not accounting for, but that's probably the ballpark number.
    Thanks, now even more. Somebody knows something in your Scouting Dept.