Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/3 vs Yankees

8/3 vs Yankees

RHP Luis Severino (14-4, 2.94) vs RHP Rick Porcello (13-4, 4.03)

Severino has been falling down the Sonny Gray sinkhole recently, while Big Dick Rick continues to ball. Game 2? All ours. Feeling those good vibes. Win. Dance. Repeat. x2
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Bury the Yankees even deeper.

WIN!!!

Despite last night's RedSox fireworks show , today's game is more likely to be a 2-1 pitcher's duel. Which is fine as long as we have the 2 and the Yankees have the one. If Swihart is out for a day or few massaging his hamstring, I would not want to see Sandy Leon dodging 98mph deep inside pitches.

Last night's game exposed a lot of issues on both sides but the dominant, pie-in-your-CC-face was the highlight of the year so far.

For what it's worth ( approx $18-$19million) , Pablo Sandoval, one of our paid administrative leave two timers, tore his hammie yesterday and will need surgery so misses another 55 games for SF while still being paid. Maybe he and Cc could open a fat clinic somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    Despite last night's RedSox fireworks show , today's game is more likely to be a 2-1 pitcher's duel. Which is fine as long as we have the 2 and the Yankees have the one. If Swihart is out for a day or few massaging his hamstring, I would not want to see Sandy Leon dodging 98mph deep inside pitches.

Last night's game exposed a lot of issues on both sides but the dominant, pie-in-your-CC-face was the highlight of the year so far.
    Depends which Porcello shows up. He has been very solid this year but still a bit too inconsistent for my likings. Pitched well against Washington, Kansas City and Baltimore but shit the bed horribly against the Jays and Twins. We need good Rick tonight as I doubt our offense will have the same day as they did yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post

The way both Porcello and Severino have been pitching this could also be an 8-7 barn burner. We shall see. If Sox can get into that pen by the fifth or earlier it will bode well for the weekend.

If we get to Severino and knock him out of the game, it will really be a morale blow to the Yankees.

back to back to back
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Deity
    Hey, guys. Good comments at the start of a game thread.

What I like about tonight's matchup is it's unpredictability. Normally, I would simply advise Cora to forfeit the game when he meets with the umps. Severino is that much better than Porcello. Not lately.

Who the heck is the backup catcher tonight?

Deity
    Betts RF
    Beni LF
    Pearce 1B
    JDM DH
    Kinsler 2B
    Nunez 3B
    Holt SS
    Leon C
    JBJ CF

Swihart on DL. Moreland still hurt. Ditto Bogaerts.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Hey, guys. Good comments at the start of a game thread.

What I like about tonight's matchup is it's unpredictability. Normally, I would simply advise Cora to forfeit the game when he meets with the umps. Severino is that much better than Porcello. Not lately.

Who the heck is the backup catcher tonight?
    Butler has been called up.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    back to back to back
    'Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Betts RF
    Beni LF
    Pearce 1B
    JDM DH
    Kinsler 2B
    Nunez 3B
    Holt SS
    Leon C
    JBJ CF

Swihart on DL. Moreland still hurt. Ditto Bogaerts.
    Cora said that Moreland is healthy, but after last night's performance, he is going with Pearce. In other words, he is riding the hot hand.

The odd thing is, even though I am not a believer in the hot hand, and the overall numbers favor Moreland, I tend to agree with Cora's decision.

I guess it's a 'don't mess with what worked so well' feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Butler has been called up.
    And Pearce is our 3rd catcher in an emergency.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Cora said that Moreland is healthy, but after last night's performance, he is going with Pearce. In other words, he is riding the hot hand.

The odd thing is, even though I am not a believer in the hot hand, and the overall numbers favor Moreland, I tend to agree with Cora's decision.

I guess it's a 'don't mess with what worked so well' feeling.
    I guess that it is either hypocrisy or a wavering faith in your statistically held belief. I am going with the latter.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."