Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Desired Opponent in Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    My desired opponent in the playoffs would be the Baltimore Orioles.
    Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!1111
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

This isn't the NHL.

1 thing is for certain. Fans of every other AL team would rather face anyone but us......
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    1 thing is for certain. Fans of every other AL team would rather face anyone but us......
    Disagree. I'd rather face the sox than the stros
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    My bubble is bursted.

I don't think it really matters, what matters is the Sox performing.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    The Sox are leading in almost every offensive category and your pitching staff is shaky. Why would you want Boston over Houston, especially considering the Yankees record against both teams this year? Not to mention the fact that you took Houston to 7 games last year?
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    The Sox are leading in almost every offensive category and your pitching staff is shaky. Why would you want Boston over Houston, especially considering the Yankees record against both teams this year? Not to mention the fact that you took Houston to 7 games last year?
    Houston has some very key players on the DL. They will all be back by September.

The Yanks struggle against the Astros' starters not really ours.

Deity
    When was the last time the Astros pummeled you with a 4 game sweep?

Legend
    Absolutely the best answer. I'm with you.

Because the Astros have knocked us out of the playoffs the last two times we got there. Last year, we were outclassed in Houston and would have to play them without home field again.

Outside of Sale, this Yankee team when healthy can beat your other starters. The Astros have Verlander and Keuchel who typically dominate us as well as Morton and Cole who have dominated us in the recent past. They also acquired Osuna, who we don’t hit at all. I want none of that club. It clearly looks like the A’s will be playing us in the play in and the winner will face the Sox. After that, I hope the Indians can pull a rabbit out against Houston

Because the Astros have knocked us out of the playoffs the last two times we got there. Last year, we were outclassed in Houston and would have to play them without home field again.

Outside of Sale, this Yankee team when healthy can beat your other starters. The Astros have Verlander and Keuchel who typically dominate us as well as Morton and Cole who have dominated us in the recent past. They also acquired Osuna, who we don’t hit at all. I want none of that club. It clearly looks like the A’s will be playing us in the play in and the winner will face the Sox. After that, I hope the Indians can pull a rabbit out against Houston
    The A's are only 1 back of the Stros now after being 11.5 back at one point. If the A's momentum continues you're facing the Stros.

The stros are getting Springer back now and Altuve back soon. They’ll roll in Sept

Hahaha! .... (oxygen tank)

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Getting out of the AL will be tough no matter who we face.
    So true. And even if there were an apparent 'lopsided' match up, there is no predicting what will happen in a postseason series.