Register now to remove this ad

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: 8/29 vs Miami

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I generally hate bunt sacs. I guess, if you have a super weak hitter, who knows how to bunt, and the tying runner at 1B with no outs, maybe.
    i am almost always opposed to a sac bunt but with the lefty-lefty matchup and how he has been swinging the bat lately i did not mind beni sacrificing there. it was a terrible bunt though. the pitcher should have went to 3rd and Mook was a dead duck.
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    i am almost always opposed to a sac bunt but with the lefty-lefty matchup and how he has been swinging the bat lately i did not mind beni sacrificing there. it was a terrible bunt though. the pitcher should have went to 3rd and Mook was a dead duck.
    Mookie was 2/3s the way there going full speed when he looked over. I doubt he gets the out at 3B. We’re also planning on them taking the easy out at 1B to help stop the bleeding with zero outs and already giving up 4 runs that inning. Trading an out to score easier and make it a 5 run inning was the smart play IMO. I thought scoring one more at that point could be very helpful and very possible. If I’d have known we’d score 7 more times rather than just once... sure. Its an in the moment vs hindsight thing, that’s all.

I'm not convinced he was bunting to sacrifice. IMO he was bunting for a hit (surprise! LOL) and instead bunted it back to the pitcher.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully