Register now to remove this ad

Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoff Roster - 2018

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Do you really think the Sox are going to leave their All Star 1B off the playoff roster because of a late season slump?
    No. I said he is still on the roster. I suggested he may be nearing bubble status.

Besides, who else plays 1B vs RHPs? Holt? Nah. Travis? Nah. Swihart? Long shot, at best.

Moreland is on the roster, but he's hitting worse than Vaz in the second half of 2018 (and Vaz's full season number, too). Lot's of people want Vaz off the roster.

2nd Half Sox OPS
    1.014 JD
    .935 Betts
    .878 Pearce
    .837 JBJ
    .823 Bogey
    .739 Holt
    .739 Nunez
    .707 Beni
    .691 Devers
    .669 Swihart
    .563 Vaz
    .558 Moreland
    .342 Leon

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    No. I said he is still on the roster. I suggested he may be nearing bubble status.

Besides, who else plays 1B vs RHPs? Holt? Nah. Travis? Nah. Swihart? Long shot, at best.

Moreland is on the roster, but he's hitting worse than Vaz in the second half of 2018 (and Vaz's full season number, too). Lot's of people want Vaz off the roster.

2nd Half Sox OPS
    1.014 JD
    .935 Betts
    .878 Pearce
    .837 JBJ
    .823 Bogey
    .739 Holt
    .739 Nunez
    .707 Beni
    .691 Devers
    .669 Swihart
    .563 Vaz
    .558 Moreland
    .342 Leon
    Moreland is streaky as hell. Just for fun, I'll predict that he's about to turn it around and has some big hits in the postseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Moreland is streaky as hell. Just for fun, I'll predict that he's about to turn it around and has some big hits in the postseason.
    I hope so. I think some long rest will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Swihart goes full on Big Papi 2013. Sox sign him to a long contract. He hits 500 OPS over the life of it.
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Swihart goes full on Big Papi 2013. Sox sign him to a long contract. He hits 500 OPS over the life of it.
    Then, you woke up (all wet).

Then, you woke up (all wet).
    I haven't peed the bed in a few weeks. I'm good. Mommy even says we can take off the plastic sheets now!

Why is it that old guys just post the grossest shit on here?
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Major Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    If you mean to say Kinsler at 2B I agree with you. Now we're back to Devers, Holt and Nunez at 3B. Nunez is my choice because I like his offense and his defense better than I like the other two but he's still the ugly pup in the litter.
    I personally prefer Devers offensively. He has shown that he can hit good pitching, and more importantly he doesn't GIDP nearly as much as Nunez.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I haven't peed the bed in a few weeks. I'm good. Mommy even says we can take off the plastic sheets now!

Why is it that old guys just post the grossest shit on here?
    I wasn't think of pee. I guess just young guys (and Trump) do that.

I'm not one to make judgements based on one game, and the history does go beyond one game for ERod and Eovaldi (and Price to some extent), so I'm now in agreement with this position.

Eovaldi should start game 3 (in NYC), and Price/ERod game 4. If we play Oakland, maybe things change.

Weird, we used to try and start lefties in NY.
    Yep. The Yankees lineup is so stacked with right handed bats that the lefty formula doesn't work anymore.

What lefty batter really scares you in the Yankees lineup? Didi can do some damage but that is all. The rest are right handed: Judge, Stanton, Voit, Sanchez, Torres, Andujar. As such, if the Yankees win the wild card game, Eovaldi should get a start against them with Rodriguez or Price coming out of the rotation for the division series.

The Yankees were counting on Bird being a major factor and providing balance to their lineup. That didn't happen.
    Last edited by Fan_since_Boggs; 09-22-2018 at 07:44 AM.

I wasn't think of pee. I guess just young guys (and Trump) do that.
    +100

I'm not as familiar with the A's and so I am not going to talk about them. If the Red Sox face the Yankees in the division round, the rotation should be Sale, Price, Porcello, Eovaldi, and then Sale in game 5. Rodriguez to the bullpen. Price pitches in Fenway rather than Yankees stadium. The two righties--Porcello and Eovaldi--pitch in Yankees stadium. While Sale will start game 5, Price will be able to give you a few innings in game 5 from the bullpen.

Quote Originally Posted by Fan_since_Boggs View Post
    I'm not as familiar with the A's and so I am not going to talk about them. If the Red Sox face the Yankees in the division round, the rotation should be Sale, Price, Porcello, Eovaldi, and then Sale in game 5. Rodriguez to the bullpen. Price pitches in Fenway rather than Yankees stadium. The two righties--Porcello and Eovaldi--pitch in Yankees stadium. While Sale will start game 5, Price will be able to give you a few innings in game 5 from the bullpen.
    Seems like a pretty solid plan if it's the Yanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fan_since_Boggs View Post
    Agreed, and I'd be ready to use Wright for multiple innings in 2-3 games.

All-Star
    I can't tell you what the full roster, but here's what the lineup vs a RH pitcher shoyld look like:

Mookie--- CF
    Benny---- LF
    JD-------- PH
    Bohie---- SS
    Holt----- 2B
    Decers-- 3B
    Moreland 1B
    Catcher
    JBK-------CF

Quote Originally Posted by bosoxmal View Post
    I can't tell you what the full roster, but here's what the lineup vs a RH pitcher shoyld look like:

Mookie--- CF
    Benny---- LF
    JD-------- PH
    Bohie---- SS
    Holt----- 2B
    Decers-- 3B
    Moreland 1B
    Catcher
    JBK-------CF
    Why not this?

1. Betts RF
    2. Beni LF
    3. Bogey SS
    4. JD DH
    5. Devers 3B
    6. JBJ CF
    7. Holt 1B
    8. Kinsler 2B
    9. Leon C (w Sale & Price)/Vaz (w Porcello & Eovaldi/ERod)