Register now to remove this ad

Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoff Roster - 2018

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    He failed last night's audition, but I get a sneaky feeling he will get more chances.
    Well, he'll get more chances because THEY HAVE A 10.5 GAME LEAD IN THE DIVISION ON SEPT 14TH!!!

Cora is going to throw everyone in the bullpen out in high stress situations. He needs to find out who will sink or swim. They have a 10.5 game lead. If they blow a game or two because of Thornburg or Kelly it won't matter. He's right for putting Kelly in these positions over and over. 101 101 101 101 101 101
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    Sandy Leon has a 3.23 Catchers ERA, the lowest for a Qualifying Catcher since 1974. - Sean McAdam
    Like he said, amazing for all the Great Pitchers that Varitek caught. Not worried about his hitting. In the Play-offs its all about Pitching.
    Cora has recently said that he wants his starters to pitch to all 3 catchers in the remaining games. Not a bad idea, but also not something to be messing around with in the playoffs. Come playoff time, Leon needs to be behind the plate.

He failed last night's audition, but I get a sneaky feeling he will get more chances.
    No doubt he will.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Well, he'll get more chances because THEY HAVE A 10.5 GAME LEAD IN THE DIVISION ON SEPT 14TH!!!

Cora is going to throw everyone in the bullpen out in high stress situations. He needs to find out who will sink or swim. They have a 10.5 game lead. If they blow a game or two because of Thornburg or Kelly it won't matter. He's right for putting Kelly in these positions over and over. 101 101 101 101 101 101
    Yup.

So yes, it might look like Cora is blowing games or doesn't care about winning, but the bigger picture is more important right now than winning any particular game.

Back to back to back.

fangraphs has us ranked below average in their team running metric.
    probably the same guy who inputs the WAR numbers.....
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    I feel like I shouldn't be commenting on things like this any more. Every time I do I piss people off.

got you covered bruh.
    other names i have posted under: none

Legend

Cora needs to find 5 or 6 pitchers he has faith in ... and it's all on the table. I mean besides a leftover starter and Kimbrel I don't think any of the positions are clearly set. (though some guys are pretty darn close)

We don't have as many bone-headed plays as last year, either.

I blame Cora for that!
    No friggin' kidding!

I posted elsewhere about good teams finding a way to win and bad teams finding a way to lose. Last year we were finding ways to lose. This year we're finding ways to win. That's one (but certainly not the only) reason why this team is so much better than last year's.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    So yes, it might look like Cora is blowing games or doesn't care about winning, but the bigger picture is more important right now than winning any particular game.
    Yes, except to the game thread guys...

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Don't worry, more normal people will start posting on the game threads once the playoffs start.

For me, every other post on the game thread is by a user that is on my ignore list so it's not entirely unreadable. May need to add another poster to make reading less frustrating.

Deity
    Don't worry, more normal people will start posting on the game threads once the playoffs start.

For me, every other post on the game thread is by a user that is on my ignore list so it's not entirely unreadable. May need to add another poster to make reading less frustrating.
    LOL Really?

I know it bugs some people when we bring up other boards, but at BDC we had a poster named bigfoot14b or something like that who would post about how badly Epstein had destroyed in game threads this team during the 2007 playoffs.

The malcontents will remain as such. And people who don't post on game threads are probably not likely to start.

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    LOL Really?

I know it bugs some people when we bring up other boards, but at BDC we had a poster named bigfoot14b or something like that who would post about how badly Epstein had destroyed in game threads this team during the 2007 playoffs.

The malcontents will remain as such. And people who don't post on game threads are probably not likely to start.
    Every year, the playoff posts get far more traction and different posters show up. They won't be 6 page bitch fests. They may be 15 page bitch fests, but they won't be 6 page bitch fests between 3-4 posters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    When the aggressiveness works, like it did last night, it's very fun and exciting to watch. Personally, I love the philosophy.

We just have to keep in mind (not speaking to you particularly), that this aggressiveness will often lead to outs on the bases. You live by aggressive base running, you might also die by it.
    And I am cool with that. As long as the bone head plays are kept at a minimum.

I love 1st-3rd or 1st-home. I like watching athletic plays on both sides of the ball.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    No friggin' kidding!

I posted elsewhere about good teams finding a way to win and bad teams finding a way to lose. Last year we were finding ways to lose. This year we're finding ways to win. That's one (but certainly not the only) reason why this team is so much better than last year's.
    ...and better coaching helped us get from there to here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Yes, this post was directed at them.