Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football thread

Alabama/LSU is a huge game tonight. Looking forward to watching this one. Georgia/Kentucky is also going to be a good game as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    Alabama/LSU is a huge game tonight. Looking forward to watching this one. Georgia/Kentucky is also going to be a good game as well.
    N'Western might give ND a run for their money.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    N'Western might give ND a run for their money.
    Yeah, I'm actually a little worried about this game. Northwestern nearly beat Michigan and upset Wisconsin. They're a solid team.

I'll be watching both ND-NW and Bama-LSU very closely, rooting for 2 upsets to take place. The 3 college teams I hate the most are Bama, Ohio State and Notre Dame in that order
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I'll be watching both ND-NW and Bama-LSU very closely, rooting for 2 upsets to take place. The 3 college teams I hate the most are Bama, Ohio State and Notre Dame in that order
    I don't think I care enough about college football to hate teams, but if I had a list, Alabama would be on it for sure.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Alabama is just dominating this game. 22-0 in 3rd and LSU cannot do anything offensively. This team is ridiculously good.

Notre Dame had a rough 4th, but held on. Ian Book continues his fantastic season.

Notre Dame will make CFB playoffs with a win next week. I imagine they'll stay the 3 seed as I don't see them leapfrogging Bama or Clemson, which is fine, you just dont want to be the 4 seed and face Bama round 1 lol.

Also, can UCF shut the hell up? Cool, your undefeated playing one of the shittiest schedules in the FBS, you don't deserve a playoff spot, especially when your arguing you deserve a spot over Notre Dame, who is also undefeated and has quality wins.

I'm hoping for Alabama to win, for maybe the first time ever, just so they won't move down to 3rd and ND would have to play them first round.

USC won't be easy in SoCal, but we looked pretty sharp today against a very good Syracuse team.

We've had some easy games, but we beat...

#4 Michigan
    #12 Syracuse (who will drop now)
    #22 N'western (who should move up a little)

Va Tech, Stanford and Wake are pretty decent and were ranked at some point this year.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    Notre Dame will make CFB playoffs with a win next week. I imagine they'll stay the 3 seed as I don't see them leapfrogging Bama or Clemson, which is fine, you just dont want to be the 4 seed and face Bama round 1 lol.

Also, can UCF shut the hell up? Cool, your undefeated playing one of the shittiest schedules in the FBS, you don't deserve a playoff spot, especially when your arguing you deserve a spot over Notre Dame, who is also undefeated and has quality wins.
    The 2017 championship banner was asinine and cringeworthy.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Here's what's left...

1. Alabama
    AUB 11/24
    GA (5) 12/1

2. Clemson
    So. Car 11/24
    Pitt 12/1

3. Notre Dame
    USC 11/24

4. Michigan
    Ohio St (10) 11/24

5. Georgia
    Ga Tech 11/24
    ALA (1) 12/1

6. Oklahoma
    W VA (9) 11/23

7. LSU
    TX A&M 11/24

8. Wash St.
    Wash (18) 11/23

9. W VA
    OKL(6) 11/23

10. Ohio St
    Mich (4) 11/24

11. UCF
    So. Fla 11/23

UCF has no shot, even if everyone loses out.
    Ohio St has to beat Mich and hope everyone loses, and they still might not make the top 4, since everyone losing means someone ahead of them wins as some play each other. I'll say no chance.
    WVA needs to beat OKL and hope ND, Mich, LSU and GA all lose. Even then, they may end up #5.
    Wash ST has just one loss, and if they beat Wash, they could sneak to #4 if a bunch of top teams lose, but I don't think they deserve to make it.
    LSU has 2 loses, and even though they play a tough schedule, there will likely be too many one loss teams that should stay ahead of them. I'd put Alabama, Clemson & ND ahead of them, even if they lose. That means they'd have to catch Mich (lose to Ohio St), OKL (lose to WVA) and GA (lose to Ala)
    OKL plays #9 WVA, and if they win, they could get to the top 4, if someone loses. I'd still take a one loss ND, Clem & Ala over OKL, but late season wins and loses seem to matter more.
    GA plays Ala. If they win, it's a mess. They have to pass Mich, and one would think Ala has to be top 4, if they beat Aub and lose to GA. Mich could get squeezeed, even if they beat Ohio State and win the big 10 playoff game (NWestern?)
    Mich will likely go, if they win. If they lose to OSU, someone will pass them.
    ND has to beat USC to go.
    Clem plays So Carolina. They will go if they win and may go with a loss.
    Ala probably has to lose to Aub & GA to not go. If they beat Aub & lose to GA, and Clem, ND, Mich, and OK all win out, this might be the rankings:
    1. Clem
    2. ND
    3. GA
    4. Ala
    5. Mich (close)
    6. Okl (close)

The Associated Press has UCF ranked 8th and Wash St 7th.

7. Wash St
    8. UCF
    9. LSU
    10. Ohio St.
    11. Texas
    12. W Va

The Coaches Poll...
    7. Wash St
    8. LSU
    9. UCF
    10. Ohio St
    11. Texas
    12. W Va

Kind of strange to see N.D. in pinstripes. However , they played perhaps their best game of the year ( at least defensively) in Yankee Stadium on Saturday. 11 - 0 . Three more to go.

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Kind of strange to see N.D. in pinstripes. However , they played perhaps their best game of the year ( at least defensively) in Yankee Stadium on Saturday. 11 - 0 . Three more to go.
    Syracuse was apparently a good team, so yes, it did look like their best win of the year. Their win over Michigan holds more weight, and if we can get by USC, we're in.

I just hope we don't face Alabama in the first round. Alabama may have to lose for that to happen. They play Auburn and then Georgia in the SEC Championship game.

If Georgia wins, they have to be a top 4 team. Does that leave Michigan out? It will be hard to leave Alabama out with one loss.

FBS Playoff Rankings

1. Alabama
    2. Clemson
    3. Notre Dame
    4. Michigan

5. Georgia
    6. Oklahoma

7. LSU
    8. Wash St
    9. UCF
    10 Ohio St

ND actually looks like a juggernaut with a defense loaded at the front lines and finally a QB who can throw an accurate pass short and a respectable deep ball. Wimbush has the speed and the arm, but his accuracy and decision making were not going to carry us to the promised land. I do not, under any circumstances, want to see Bama before the finals. If we both get there, then game on. But I would rather see if someone else can knock them off. Outside of a sleepwalk half vs the Citadel, the Tide look absolutely unbeatable, even against the best the nation has to offer. Part of me wants to see Georgia win vs Bama, but the ensuing bedlam could set up a 2 vs 3 matchup with us facing Bama in the first round which I wouldn't want to see. But it could also set up a Clemson vs Bama first round, which I would much prefer over seeing Bama first and not seeing the title game. I think we can take Georgia. Heck, we almost took them last year with Wimbush at the helm and a far inferior defensive line. But I also think Georgia is gonna get racked by Bama
    Hal sucks