Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football thread

Hybrid View

College Football thread

How bout then Irish. Love that they beat Michigan. Gonna be a fun year
    Hal sucks

Great game!

Being a domer, I'm with you on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Great game!

Being a domer, I'm with you on this one.
    That was a big one. I love beating Michigan and it's even better with Captain Khaki running the show. His teams have a significant propensity for coming up small in big spots.
    Hal sucks

Poor UMASS.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

I hate Notre Dame, but they're due for something good to happen. I have a soft spot for Michigan. That Miami-LSU game last night was brutal. I didn't really want to see either team lose because they both needed to get off to a good start, but boy did LSU look good.

After that pounding that my boys took on Thursday night to one of the best QBs in the country (McKenzie Milton), there's no rest for the weary. How does a cross country flight to face another ranked team sound? Boise State is up next, and their QB is just as good, and he's the son of former Redskins QB Mark Rypien.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I hate Notre Dame, but they're due for something good to happen. I have a soft spot for Michigan. That Miami-LSU game last night was brutal. I didn't really want to see either team lose because they both needed to get off to a good start, but boy did LSU look good.

After that pounding that my boys took on Thursday night to one of the best QBs in the country (McKenzie Milton), there's no rest for the weary. How does a cross country flight to face another ranked team sound? Boise State is up next, and their QB is just as good, and he's the son of former Redskins QB Mark Rypien.
    I was at Notre Dame when Joe Montana, the third string QB, led us to a national championship vs Texas.

Beating Michigan is always sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    How bout then Irish. Love that they beat Michigan. Gonna be a fun year
    Enjoy it before they get crushed by USC in November.

Bush push. Bush push. Bush push.
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

They've been interesting in the Kelly regime. We haven't had a good QB at all. From Golson to Zaire and Wimbush, we have had run first guys with big arms and little to no accuracy. This has limited us. Our O lines have been good. Our WR's and RB's are all skilled. Our defense has had good D lines with hit or miss secondary's. If we could only start drafting QB's who could actually win the game with their arms, we might make some hay. We aren't gonna go through this bear of a schedule undefeated, We rarely ever win at USC, so that is probably gonna be true
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    They've been interesting in the Kelly regime. We haven't had a good QB at all. From Golson to Zaire and Wimbush, we have had run first guys with big arms and little to no accuracy. This has limited us. Our O lines have been good. Our WR's and RB's are all skilled. Our defense has had good D lines with hit or miss secondary's. If we could only start drafting QB's who could actually win the game with their arms, we might make some hay. We aren't gonna go through this bear of a schedule undefeated, We rarely ever win at USC, so that is probably gonna be true
    Wimbush is seriously one of the most frustrating QB's I've ever seen. Notre Dame had so much talent last year, numerous NFL players, including two top 10 lineman, and Wimbush killed them. He really needs to step up if ND wants to be a legit title contender.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    Wimbush is seriously one of the most frustrating QB's I've ever seen. Notre Dame had so much talent last year, numerous NFL players, including two top 10 lineman, and Wimbush killed them. He really needs to step up if ND wants to be a legit title contender.
    I am beginning to wonder if Kelly's scheme requires a mobile QB.
    Hal sucks

Who did USC play yesterday?

Wimbush benched. Ian Book did very well. Revitalized the Irish offense.

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Wimbush benched. Ian Book did very well. Revitalized the Irish offense.
    Should've been done a long time ago. Book is 10x the QB Wimbush is. I know Wimbush is more athletic and exciting, but dude's accuracy kills the Irish.

USC lost again.

Maybe my Irish can beat them this time.

USC lost again.

Maybe my Irish can beat them this time.
    They weren't going undefeated with a true freshman starting at QB. They'll be rolling at the end of the season.
    ( I won't say the "C word.")