Register now to remove this ad

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football thread

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    didn't know we rooted for the same squad. The Irish always have talent, but the game in Athens doesn't look promising IMO
    I'm a domer.

I graduated in '81. My freshman year was the 1977 Championship season led by 3rd string QB, Joe Montana, over Earl Campbell and the Longhorns.
    Sox 4 Ever

My uncle went there. My old man's school didn't have football and my school cut football, so no need to like them. I always grew up rooting for the Irish
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    My uncle went there. My old man's school didn't have football and my school cut football, so no need to like them. I always grew up rooting for the Irish
    My old man went there, and I grew up rooting for the Irish during the Ara Paresghian era.

We had some great B-Ball players my 4 years there, but Digger Phelps was an idiot.

The class of '81 had Orlando Wooldrige, Kelly Tripucka and Tracy Jackson- all made the NBA.
    Others on those teams that made the NBA:

Bill Laimbeer
    John Paxson
    Bill Hanzlik
    Bruce Flowers
    Dave Batton
    Toby Knight
    Duck Williams

This was just after Adrian Dantley's time at ND.

I remember Austin Carr's team ending UCLA's winning streak.
    Last edited by moonslav59; 09-01-2019 at 09:12 PM.
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    My old man went there, and I grew up rooting for the Irish during the Ara Paresghian era.

We had some great B-Ball players my 4 years there, but Digger Phelps was an idiot.

The class of '81 had Orlando Wooldrige, Kelly Tripucka and Tracy Jackson- all made the NBA.
    Others on those teams that made the NBA:

Bill Laimbeer
    John Paxson
    Bill Hanzlik
    Bruce Flowers
    Dave Batton
    Toby Knight
    Duck Williams

This was just after Adrian Dantley's time at ND.

I remember Austin Carr's team ending UCLA's winning streak.
    I didn't go to Notre Dame , but have always been a big fan of the Fightin' Irish . Notre Dame ended UCLA 's remarkable 88 game winning streak in 1974 . The team consisted of Adrian Dantley , John Shumate , Gary Brokaw , Billy Paterno , Dwight Clay and others . Clay hit the winning shot that sunk Bill Walton and company . I believe Austin Carr was before that. He also was a part of some memorable games . As for this year's football team ; the game at Georgia in week three will be the acid test . Georgia is ranked number three in the country , and trying to go down there and win a game " between the hedges " is a daunting task indeed .

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    I didn't go to Notre Dame , but have always been a big fan of the Fightin' Irish . Notre Dame ended UCLA 's remarkable 88 game winning streak in 1974 . The team consisted of Adrian Dantley , John Shumate , Gary Brokaw , Billy Paterno , Dwight Clay and others . Clay hit the winning shot that sunk Bill Walton and company . I believe Austin Carr was before that. He also was a part of some memorable games . As for this year's football team ; the game at Georgia in week three will be the acid test . Georgia is ranked number three in the country , and trying to go down there and win a game " between the hedges " is a daunting task indeed .
    Yes, the Austin Carr victory over UCLA ended just a 19 game winning streak. I mixed it up with the Dantley one.

Yes, the Georgia game will be very hard to win. We also have a lot of semi-tough games, this year and USC at home and away at Mich & Stan.

@ Louisville (Tonight)
    New Mexico
    @ Georgia #3
    Virginia
    Bowling Green
    USC
    @ Michigan #7
    Va Tech
    @ Duke
    Navy
    Boston College
    @ Stanford #25

Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Yes, the Austin Carr victory over UCLA ended just a 19 game winning streak. I mixed it up with the Dantley one.

Yes, the Georgia game will be very hard to win. We also have a lot of semi-tough games, this year and USC at home and away at Mich & Stan.

@ Louisville (Tonight)
    New Mexico
    @ Georgia #3
    Virginia
    Bowling Green
    USC
    @ Michigan #7
    Va Tech
    @ Duke
    Navy
    Boston College
    @ Stanford #25

Right . The Carr and Dantley games were the only ones UCLA lost over that entire span . Well over 100 games . Go Irish. Beat Louisville.

The Fightin' Irish enter the Lion's den down in Georgia tonight . In two relatively easy tune up games , they really have not shown anything that makes me think they have a chance against Georgia . Sorry to say that this will not end well tonight .

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    The Fightin' Irish enter the Lion's den down in Georgia tonight . In two relatively easy tune up games , they really have not shown anything that makes me think they have a chance against Georgia . Sorry to say that this will not end well tonight .
    They could’ve easily won that game, and that no call on Claypool was bad. Should’ve been pass interference.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    They could’ve easily won that game, and that no call on Claypool was bad. Should’ve been pass interference.
    Lot's of crappy calls. Lots of dumb penalties by ND.

Bad play calling by ND.

We shoulda won.
    Sox 4 Ever

Legend
    Get your Popcorn ready, tomorrow's LSU-Alabama game is going to be special.

Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    Get your Popcorn ready, tomorrow's LSU-Alabama game is going to be special.
    I hope LSU wallops 'em, but I would not bet on it.
    Sox 4 Ever

Legend
    Hard to go against Saban.

Minnesota!!!!!!!!
    Sox 4 Ever

I feel horrible for Tua. This is a Bo Jackson injury and is potentially career threatening. Awful

This Alabama-Auburn game is a classic!

The rest of today was a bit of a drag.
    Sox 4 Ever