Register now to remove this ad

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-2019 Yankee rumors thread

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    It would have made sense for ellsbury as he’s from the Pacific NW. But the Mets have decided to just be the dumbest franchise in sports and throw two first round picks and a high velocity kid in Bautista to Seattle. Yes, they’re dumping Swarzak and Bruce, but taking on the Cano contract with Diaz is a lot to take on when you’re giving up big talent
    Well with Seattle reportedly kicking in $60mill and taking two bad contracts, the Mets essentially get Cano for 5 years for only $26mill. THAT is why they gave up the prospects.

And they get Diaz as well. If they do decide to recoup the prospects and rebuild, they could flip Diaz and get better ones back...

This doesn’t make sense at all, then. What a strange deal. The Mariners insist on dumping Cano with Diaz. They then take on two shit contracts and include half of the money for Cano while also moving Diaz and all they get are three prospects? This makes no sense at all. They can deal Diaz for a king’s ransom on his own and if the Mariners advertised a willingness to eat half of Cano’s remaining contract and eat a bad contract, teams would be willing to jump at that. Strange indeed. The money involved makes this deal tilt towards the Mutts

This doesn’t make sense at all, then. What a strange deal. The Mariners insist on dumping Cano with Diaz. They then take on two shit contracts and include half of the money for Cano while also moving Diaz and all they get are three prospects? This makes no sense at all. They can deal Diaz for a king’s ransom on his own and if the Mariners advertised a willingness to eat half of Cano’s remaining contract and eat a bad contract, teams would be willing to jump at that. Strange indeed. The money involved makes this deal tilt towards the Mutts
    I know. If the reason to make the deal is to dump money, why pay most of it?

The only angle I can see here is that the Mariners think they can rehab Bruce or Swarzak and can turn them into something.

The only angle I can see here is that the Mariners think they can rehab Bruce or Swarzak and can turn them into something.
    How much money will they end up saving?

This looks like another example of the one of the biggest contracts in history being a flop.

I have the Mariners kicking in 54 million: 20 million in cash, plus 34 million for Bruce and Swarzak's contracts. 36 year old Cano is owed 120 million over the next 5 years. Thus, the Mets will pay Cano 66 million over 5 years or around 13 million each year.

You might as well sign a closer for less money and keep the prospects. You can sign David Robertson for considerably less than 66 million.
    Last edited by Fan_since_Boggs; 12-03-2018 at 01:03 AM.

Corbin to the Nats 6/140 a massive overpay in my opinion

I'm glad the Yankees didn't meet his asking price, 5/100 (Yankees offer) was good enough

Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    Corbin to the Nats 6/140 a massive overpay in my opinion

I'm glad the Yankees didn't meet his asking price, 5/100 (Yankees offer) was good enough
    So the Yankees were never serious in getting him.

6 and $140 mil is an awful big investment for a guy coming off a singular career year. Wow

Kikuchi time!

I'd be totally on board with Kickuchi. I am also on board with Happ. Eovaldi is a wild care for me and with Boston and Houston involved, the bidding may get uncomfortably high for a guy with his kind of risk.
    Hal sucks

The Yanks have essentially come out against Eovaldi for 4 or more years. I truly wonder if we fill that final spot in the rotation with Happ or if we make another deal. I'd be fine with dabbling on Kikuchi as well. We just need to have one more. Relying on CC for more than 5th starter duty is not ideal in the least
    Hal sucks

Kikuchi seems like the best fit for what you need and want, budget-wise.

If he was a righty, I'd be suggesting we sign him.

We need left handed balance. I know Sabathia is there and will likely cede his role to JMont, but the Yanks have always had success with left handed starters, especially in our park. Might as well see if this kid can do it
    Hal sucks

We need left handed balance. I know Sabathia is there and will likely cede his role to JMont, but the Yanks have always had success with left handed starters, especially in our park. Might as well see if this kid can do it
    He's a gamble, but so is any signing. He can give affordable long term control- something almost any team wants. If he sucks, it won't be a big budget issue, except for the years.