Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-2019 Yankee rumors thread

I personally don't want Machado or Harper going to New York, they might be "assholes" but they are great players, which would be going to a hitters park, and join an already stacked lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    I personally don't want Machado or Harper going to New York, they might be "assholes" but they are great players, which would be going to a hitters park, and join an already stacked lineup.
    I'd rather they get more hitters than good pitchers.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

We are getting pitching. You can be sure of that. I wonder if we see a true blockbuster. Imagine a deal with Sevy going elsewhere and bringing in Bumgarner or something like that. I keep forgetting that Kershaw is a FA
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    I'd rather they get more hitters than good pitchers.
    They could potentially get those good hitters like Machado, then use their loaded farm system and/or young current MLB players (Andujar for example) to get pitching. They have a lot of assets, the less star hitters they get, the better lol.

For a “depleted” farm, we still have 4 top 100s and probably the deepest farm below the AA level. We have the ability to get good talent without giving up any big league talent. The way I look at it, we would have to make room for any offensive additions beyond Harper as our only open spot is LF. I guess we could send Stanton out to LF if we got a plodding hitter, but that doesn’t sound like what we are going for.

I do think we can get at least one good prospect for Gray. While his numbers overall sucked, his road numbers were pristine. That will help the system.

Currently, our rotation consists of Severino, Tanaka, Sheffield, Loaisiga, and German if you consider Gray’s trade inevitable. We have two spots to fill as I think we will go into 2019 with that fifth spot being an open competition between all the kids who have auditioned. If the kids can’t do it, we have JMont returning at the ASB or so. I’m adding two, I am unsure who they’ll be. I think Corbin is high on the list, although I like Keuchel too. I wonder if a Eovaldi reunion could be on the horizon too. Bumgarner is out there as well. We could also get DeGrom or Thor. I think we can get MadBum for less than DeGrom or Thor simply due to control as MadBum is only under control for one more year. We could probably get MadBum without hurting the current roster. If we go for one of the Mets duo, we will have to send Andujar plus as they’re both under control for two seasons or more.

Great news to hear your whole coaching staff is returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Great news to hear your whole coaching staff is returning.
    I'm overwhelmed with gratitude!

Machado added to his punk reputation yet again last night. Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Machado added to his punk reputation yet again last night. Unbelievable.
    perfect fit for pinstripes.
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    perfect fit for pinstripes.
    They might even get a bit of a punk discount on him now.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    We are getting pitching. You can be sure of that. I wonder if we see a true blockbuster. Imagine a deal with Sevy going elsewhere and bringing in Bumgarner or something like that. I keep forgetting that Kershaw is a FA
    Seriously?? trade Severino??

If it means we get one GAME CHANGER pitcher, like MadBum or deGrom, I'd be inclined to trade Andujar, but not Severino or Torres

Manny Machado not worth the trouble for the Yankees
    By Kevin Kernan October 17, 2018 | 4:13am

LOS ANGELES — Manny Machado’s free agency isn’t exactly getting off on the right foot. There haven’t been this many red flags out here since the last beach closing in Malibu.

The Dodgers shortstop is on a stunningly destructive course this postseason to keep teams from signing him even though he has a world of talent, and his incredible tone-deaf comments about his lack of hustle are the ultimate warning: Let the buyer beware.

To make matters worse, Machado took a cheap shot at Brewers first baseman Jesus Aguilar in the 10th inning of a 1-1 game Tuesday night at Dodger Stadium. As Machado was getting thrown out at first, his left foot kicked Aguilar’s right plant foot and Aguilar let him know he was not happy as benches emptied.

Stay away, Yankees. Stay far, far away. Spend your money elsewhere.

In the 13th, Machado came around from second to score the winning run on Cody Bellinger’s two-out single to right as the Dodgers came away with a dramatic 2-1 victory after five hours and 15 minutes to even the NLCS at 2-2.

Machado hustled to score and slapped the plate with his left hand as he slid home, setting off a wild celebration.

As for the earlier play at first, Machado said, “Things happen. We know each other since the minor leagues.’’

Still, the Brewers were furious with Machado, calling it a dirty play, and as Christian Yelich walked away from his locker, he fumed, “F–k that motherf—er.’’

“His foot was on the bag,’’ Machado said of Aguilar. “I was trying to get over him and hit his foot, if that’s dirty, that’s dirty, call it what you want.’’

It was dirty.

As for Machado playing hard on the play at first base, Craig Counsell said, “I don’t think he’s playing all that hard.’’

Yes, now this series has an edge.

Machado singled with one out and moved to second on a wild pitch to set up Bellinger’s two-out game-winning hit.

Machado had told Ken Rosenthal in an interview on FS1 that if you are looking for hustle, Malibu Manny is not your guy.

Amazing, Manny wants his $300-plus million but doesn’t want to break a sweat.

Yankees fans don’t want any part of that kind of attitude, no matter what kind of talent the player possesses.

“Obviously I’m not going to change, I’m not the type of player that’s going to be ‘Johnny Hustle,’ and run down the line and slide to first base. That’s just not my personality, that’s not my cup of tea, that’s not who I am,’’ Machado explained as to why he did not run hard on a ground ball in Game 2.

How about Johnny Cheap Shot?

Manny doesn’t want to be Johnny Hustle. He’s too cool for that school of baseball. He’s going to play his way, and if you don’t like it, too bad. That’s your problem.

No, Machado doesn’t want to be Johnny Hustle, but he does want to be Johnny Paycheck.

He can’t even fake hustle in an effort to get his team back to the World Series. The Dodgers haven’t won a World Series since 1988.

“Should I have run on that pitch? Yeah … but I didn’t and I got to pay the consequences for it,’’ said Machado, who was criticized by many, including Hall of Fame pitcher and Orioles broadcaster Jim Palmer, who has watched Machado play in Baltimore.

“It does look bad. It looks terrible,’’ Machado admitted. “I look back at the video and I’m like, ‘Whoa, what was I doing?’ I’m the type of player that has stayed in the zone, I’m playing and I’m just in the zone.’’

The Dodgers traded for Machado, but don’t expect them to sign him long-term. “He doesn’t want to be a leader,’’ one Dodgers official told The Post, another major red flag.

Manny wants the money but not the responsibility. Aaron Judge has established a style of play for the Yankees: Hustle and support your teammates. If Machado were to show up in pinstripes and say, “I’m not hustling. That’s not me,’’ that changes the team dynamic.

“I’ve tried changing it for eight years and I still can’t figure it out, but one of these days I will,’’ Machado told Rosenthal.

He’s not changing. Here are some more observations.

“At shortstop, he doesn’t use two hands, and that’s not good,’’ one talent evaluator at the NLCS told The Post. “He’s a tremendous third baseman and his arm is spectacular, but he’s not a top-quality shortstop.’’

Machado is basically telling the Yankees: Don’t sign me. If you do sign me, this is what you will get, home runs, but no hustle.

Let the Phillies or Angels sign Machado.

The Yankees have home run hitters. Let Judge lead the way, let Giancarlo Stanton re-evaluate his swing and make the adjustments. Go get pitching.

Machado’s home OPS throughout his career that was mostly spent at Camden Yards is .887. His road OPS is .761, a significant difference.

Machado is a supremely talented player who openly admits he will not hustle and will not change. How does that benefit a team?

Manny Machado is not worth the money or the headache.

https://nypost.com/2018/10/17/manny-...r-the-yankees/

Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    If it means we get one GAME CHANGER pitcher, like MadBum or deGrom, I'd be inclined to trade Andujar, but not Severino or Torres
    More delusions from jacko, Sevy's not going anywhere........

Quote Originally Posted by BillyWilliams View Post
    Manny Machado not worth the trouble for the Yankees
    By Kevin Kernan October 17, 2018 | 4:13am

LOS ANGELES — Manny Machado’s free agency isn’t exactly getting off on the right foot. There haven’t been this many red flags out here since the last beach closing in Malibu.

The Dodgers shortstop is on a stunningly destructive course this postseason to keep teams from signing him even though he has a world of talent, and his incredible tone-deaf comments about his lack of hustle are the ultimate warning: Let the buyer beware.

To make matters worse, Machado took a cheap shot at Brewers first baseman Jesus Aguilar in the 10th inning of a 1-1 game Tuesday night at Dodger Stadium. As Machado was getting thrown out at first, his left foot kicked Aguilar’s right plant foot and Aguilar let him know he was not happy as benches emptied.

Stay away, Yankees. Stay far, far away. Spend your money elsewhere.

In the 13th, Machado came around from second to score the winning run on Cody Bellinger’s two-out single to right as the Dodgers came away with a dramatic 2-1 victory after five hours and 15 minutes to even the NLCS at 2-2.

Machado hustled to score and slapped the plate with his left hand as he slid home, setting off a wild celebration.

As for the earlier play at first, Machado said, “Things happen. We know each other since the minor leagues.’’

Still, the Brewers were furious with Machado, calling it a dirty play, and as Christian Yelich walked away from his locker, he fumed, “F–k that motherf—er.’’

“His foot was on the bag,’’ Machado said of Aguilar. “I was trying to get over him and hit his foot, if that’s dirty, that’s dirty, call it what you want.’’

It was dirty.

As for Machado playing hard on the play at first base, Craig Counsell said, “I don’t think he’s playing all that hard.’’

Yes, now this series has an edge.

Machado singled with one out and moved to second on a wild pitch to set up Bellinger’s two-out game-winning hit.

Machado had told Ken Rosenthal in an interview on FS1 that if you are looking for hustle, Malibu Manny is not your guy.

Amazing, Manny wants his $300-plus million but doesn’t want to break a sweat.

Yankees fans don’t want any part of that kind of attitude, no matter what kind of talent the player possesses.

“Obviously I’m not going to change, I’m not the type of player that’s going to be ‘Johnny Hustle,’ and run down the line and slide to first base. That’s just not my personality, that’s not my cup of tea, that’s not who I am,’’ Machado explained as to why he did not run hard on a ground ball in Game 2.

How about Johnny Cheap Shot?

Manny doesn’t want to be Johnny Hustle. He’s too cool for that school of baseball. He’s going to play his way, and if you don’t like it, too bad. That’s your problem.

No, Machado doesn’t want to be Johnny Hustle, but he does want to be Johnny Paycheck.

He can’t even fake hustle in an effort to get his team back to the World Series. The Dodgers haven’t won a World Series since 1988.

“Should I have run on that pitch? Yeah … but I didn’t and I got to pay the consequences for it,’’ said Machado, who was criticized by many, including Hall of Fame pitcher and Orioles broadcaster Jim Palmer, who has watched Machado play in Baltimore.

“It does look bad. It looks terrible,’’ Machado admitted. “I look back at the video and I’m like, ‘Whoa, what was I doing?’ I’m the type of player that has stayed in the zone, I’m playing and I’m just in the zone.’’

The Dodgers traded for Machado, but don’t expect them to sign him long-term. “He doesn’t want to be a leader,’’ one Dodgers official told The Post, another major red flag.

Manny wants the money but not the responsibility. Aaron Judge has established a style of play for the Yankees: Hustle and support your teammates. If Machado were to show up in pinstripes and say, “I’m not hustling. That’s not me,’’ that changes the team dynamic.

“I’ve tried changing it for eight years and I still can’t figure it out, but one of these days I will,’’ Machado told Rosenthal.

He’s not changing. Here are some more observations.

“At shortstop, he doesn’t use two hands, and that’s not good,’’ one talent evaluator at the NLCS told The Post. “He’s a tremendous third baseman and his arm is spectacular, but he’s not a top-quality shortstop.’’

Machado is basically telling the Yankees: Don’t sign me. If you do sign me, this is what you will get, home runs, but no hustle.

Let the Phillies or Angels sign Machado.

The Yankees have home run hitters. Let Judge lead the way, let Giancarlo Stanton re-evaluate his swing and make the adjustments. Go get pitching.

Machado’s home OPS throughout his career that was mostly spent at Camden Yards is .887. His road OPS is .761, a significant difference.

Machado is a supremely talented player who openly admits he will not hustle and will not change. How does that benefit a team?

Manny Machado is not worth the money or the headache.

https://nypost.com/2018/10/17/manny-...r-the-yankees/
    Gonna be fun when you guys sign him.