Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-2019 Yankee rumors thread

2018-2019 Yankee rumors thread

Never too early to start. Heyman reporting Machado wants to sign with the Yankees in the offseason, but will only play 3b “under the right circumstances”. The assumption is Machado would play 3b and Andujar would move to 1b.
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Never too early to start. Heyman reporting Machado wants to sign with the Yankees in the offseason, but will only play 3b “under the right circumstances”. The assumption is Machado would play 3b and Andujar would move to 1b.
    Only under the right circum$tance$, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Only under the right circum$tance$, huh?
    There are only a few teams that have the ability to sign this punk-ass.

He should keep his fucking pie hole shut.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Right cash, right place. We’re under the cap and have a ton of cash coming off the books. Someone big will come out way

Right cash, right place. We’re under the cap and have a ton of cash coming off the books. Someone big will come out way
    Absolutely. I doubt that anything the Chollo says will dissuade Cash from signing him.

I just think it is stupid and in bad taste for the idiot to be saying such things.

Do you believe that the Yankees will grab both Machollo and the punk in Washington?
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Certainly could, but we need a pitching acquisition

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    There are only a few teams that have the ability to sign this punk-ass.

He should keep his fucking pie hole shut.
    I agree completely.

Sorry, but this doesn't sound like a team player to me. How about "I will play wherever the team needs me to play". This idea about only playing 3B under the 'right circumstances' sounds a little too 'me first'.

It is, but it’s also free agency. He can choose where he wants to go based on a multitude of factors. Let’s put it this way, if SD is the highest bidder, he’s gonna require he plays SS. If the team he’s on is gonna suck, he might as well play where he wants to. If the Yanks are the highest bidder, then you’re talking about joining a high 90-100 win team. You play where they tell you. Either way, I think the decision between Harper and Machado will be very interesting. I think both at their best, the better offensive player is Harper. At his best, he’s a triple crown candidate, but he also gets hurt more and can get in his own head offensively. In terms of what the club needs offensively, Harper fits that mold better as well. We’ve become very RH dominant. Judge, Stanton, Sanchez, Andujar, Torres. With the lack of development of Bird, we’ve been playing Voit at 1b. Our only LH hitters are Hicks (switch) and Gardner, and Gardy likely won’t be there next year. Add in Harper and you balance the lineup, plus seeing him hit in NY 81 games a year would be really intriguing. But Machado adds defensive versatility. The guy can play all 4 infield positions and can play 3b at a gold glove level. I’m sure he could convert to the OF eventually too. I’m torn on who to add.

Great! $110M can buy you 5 Ellsburys!

I think you're well aware that we reached on Ellsbury. We don't have that problem now. We have a great team as it is. We can afford to go for top tier talent
    Hal sucks

I think you're well aware that we reached on Ellsbury. We don't have that problem now. We have a great team as it is. We can afford to go for top tier talent
    For what you paid Ellsbury, I am pretty sure Cashman thought he was "top tier," even though many of us knew otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    For what you paid Ellsbury, I am pretty sure Cashman thought he was "top tier," even though many of us knew otherwise.
    Exactly. I think Cash thought he was getting at the very least a disruptive .300 hitter with 30-50 steals. He didn't know he was getting Johnny Damon without the power at the end of his NYY tenure. Just a bad move. Thankfully, it's over after 2020. By that point, his $22 mil and Tanaka's $22 mil will be off the books just when we will need some cash to re-sign some guys.
    Hal sucks

Exactly. I think Cash thought he was getting at the very least a disruptive .300 hitter with 30-50 steals. He didn't know he was getting Johnny Damon without the power at the end of his NYY tenure. Just a bad move. Thankfully, it's over after 2020. By that point, his $22 mil and Tanaka's $22 mil will be off the books just when we will need some cash to re-sign some guys.
    I get that: my hope is that Cashman repeats his mistake x 4.

It's not easy guessing right on mega free agents. Ben's HRam and Pablo signings did him in.

There are the guys who were good and not great. That was Pablo and HanRam. If you look in the ledger, I was ecstatic you guys got Pablo. He was declining when signed. That being said, we have some generational talents in this market and possibly the best pitcher in baseball as well. I’d feel better throwing big cash at those guys rather than the mid level guys for slightly less

hahahaha. the hammer has become the nail.
    "wait until next year!!!!!!"
    other names i have posted under: none