Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Biggest Disappointments, to date!

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Maybe, if Betts didn't belt 30 HRs, Beni would have 100 RBIs.

It's all on Mookie- so damn selfish!

i blame cora for batting Betts leadoff!
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    i blame cora for batting Betts leadoff!
    Good one!

I've said all along, I'd like Bogey 2nd... maybe something like Beni-Bogey-Betts-JD, but the numbers show the 3rd slot is not the place for your best hitter (or second best).

My biggest disappointment this year is Joe Kelley. I've always liked his velo and his stuff and he's been lights-out at times. I thought he'd turned the corner and had even considered that he might be the closer in 2019

Guess not.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Good one!

I've said all along, I'd like Bogey 2nd... maybe something like Beni-Bogey-Betts-JD, but the numbers show the 3rd slot is not the place for your best hitter (or second best).
    So you've been converted?
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

All-Star
    Pomeranz by some distance. His down year has hurt us in more than one way. He's cost us a bonus draft pick for one.

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    So you've been converted?
    I've never liked Betts first, but there are enough advantages to make it a minor issue, to me.

I used to think putting your best overall hitter 3rd was best. I was "converted" on that one.

I like JD 4th more than any other likes.

I'd like to see Bogey second, but studies show the best should hit 2nd and 4th, so maybe Betts up 2nd is best.
    2. Betts
    4. JD

5 is supposed to be more important than 3rd, so maybe Moreland-Peacre 3rd.
    2. Betts
    3. Moreland/Pearce
    4. JD

That leaves Beni and Bogey for the 1 and 5 slots.
    Beni has a .395 OBP vs LHPs and Bogey is .353. Bogey is .397 vs LHPs and Beni is .301.
    I'd flip the two depending on thye SP'er.
    vs RHP:
    1. Beni
    2. Betts
    3. Moreland
    4. JD
    5. Bogey

vs LHPs:
    1. Bogey
    2. Betts
    3. Pearce
    4. JD
    5. Beni

Looks best to me.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    My biggest disappointment this year is Joe Kelley. I've always liked his velo and his stuff and he's been lights-out at times. I thought he'd turned the corner and had even considered that he might be the closer in 2019

Guess not.
    Yeah I can see that - though I never liked his stuff. Guys with that velo should miss more bats.

I think the biggest disappointment is many of the comments on the game thread. The Sox are having a great season by any measure. Historic. Yet to read the game thread you would think that half the lineup were stiffs , the bullpen was a disaster and the manager is a total idiot. And doom is lurking around the corner. Hard to understand all of the negativism, since the so- called " Curse of the Bambino " was laid to rest fourteen years ago.

Their Bullpen in general

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    I think the biggest disappointment is many of the comments on the game thread. The Sox are having a great season by any measure. Historic. Yet to read the game thread you would think that half the lineup were stiffs , the bullpen was a disaster and the manager is a total idiot. And doom is lurking around the corner. Hard to understand all of the negativism, since the so- called " Curse of the Bambino " was laid to rest fourteen years ago.
    Well said.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    I usually avoid the game thread for just this reason.

I get the momentary frustration effect, but it goes over the top way too often for my liking.

To each his own, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
    Pomeranz by some distance. His down year has hurt us in more than one way. He's cost us a bonus draft pick for one.
    I think Pom is my biggest disappointment as well. I believed that he would regress, but I didn't think he would pitch as poorly as he had.

That said, the team has overcome that disappointment quite well.

I usually avoid the game thread for just this reason.

I get the momentary frustration effect, but it goes over the top way too often for my liking.

To each his own, I guess.
    I pretty much stopped posting in game threads towards the end of the 2011 season.

You can imagine how toxic those game threads were.

My biggest disappointment this year is we did not sweep the Yankees!

Deity
    My biggest disappointments this year are even thinking that there were any disappointments. You really have to be kidding me right.
    Of course there will always be players that you want to be better than they are and in some cases better than they may even ever be but there is 0 to be disappointed with this year. End of story.