Register now to remove this ad

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 9/23 @ Indians

Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post
    Is it some type of f'd up, in your face, anti-PC Indian war cry?
    It's Cleveland. What do you expect. In Cleveland they don't ask what you're reading, they ask why you're reading.

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    It's Cleveland. What do you expect. In Cleveland they don't ask what you're reading, they ask why you're reading.
    LOL :0 ouch!

Legend
    I play a couple of games starting tomorrow morning so will leave the game, which may now be over for all I know. A few observations.

Cuevas has impressed me in the past and had an excellent outing tonight. I doubt if he will make the PO roster, but he is better than at least one who probably will.

Cora is playing MOreland and Kinsler tonight. Both are mired in slumps and provide nothing offensively. Be nice to win the game and we sit both Holt and JDM on the bench.

i am generally discouraged by our hitting in which we seem to be late and poor contact, fouling a lot the opposite way. The player who has done that most of the second half is Beni. Tonight again, he fouled the opposite way and when he hit the ball it was to the opposite field or to left center. His home run total shows it, he just is not pulling much. When he does, he hiits weith more authority. Lots of our batters did that.

Lin looks confident at the plate compared to most. Sorry that he won't make the post season. I would go with 1 regular catcher, Swihart and Lin.

Mookie is really the only Red Sox player that hit with authority tonight. He was great, despite the last two strikeouts.

I know these games are meaningless but it’s getting ridiculous how Cora drops the games.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    I know these games are meaningless but it’s getting ridiculous how Cora drops the games.
    I couldn't agree more. I don't get it and it pisses me off.

Cuevas just became Pomeranz replacement. It's a good opps to see what some guys have. After the clincher, the team really needed the time to rest guys.

Deity
    It pissed me off too. But, to be honest, he did give the lineup a chance to score the go ahead run. I really think he left Cuevas in there so the game would end at a decent hour and they could catch their flight back to Boston to play tonight.

Therefore I have redirected my anger at Sunday Night Baseball, which I hate with a passion, and on the lineup for not scoring.

This loss did not put home field advantage in jeopardy. Plus Cora got a chance to see Cuevas work 5+ innings.

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Cuevas just became Pomeranz replacement. It's a good opps to see what some guys have. After the clincher, the team really needed the time to rest guys.
    You tell 'em Station.

The resting thing is inconsistent. If he wants to rest guys, he shall not start Moreland and Kinsler who are slumping and will make the POs. In fact if he wants to rest his key players like Benny, XB, JD and Betts, they shouldn’t play at all.

I think he can “rest” some players while trying to win. I still don’t understand why he is still sending Hembree, Kelly, Pomeranz, etc. If they on paper won’t make the POs.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

The resting thing is inconsistent. If he wants to rest guys, he shall not start Moreland and Kinsler who are slumping and will make the POs. In fact if he wants to rest his key players like Benny, XB, JD and Betts, they shouldn’t play at all.

I think he can “rest” some players while trying to win. I still don’t understand why he is still sending Hembree, Kelly, Pomeranz, etc. If they on paper won’t make the POs.
    Because he wants to (a) rest his good arms and (b) see if someone can right the ship and end the season on a strong note.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

105 wins
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

I'm actually thrilled we are still winning games and coming close, despite resting many of our players.

I love how Cora is handling the back stretch.

This continuous complaining is tiring and needless.

Cora gave last night's game away; I thought, incorrectly, that he might try to win this one.
    Cora just needs to start that AAA line up every night.

Those guys would get the job done.

I'm actually thrilled we are still winning games and coming close, despite resting many of our players.

I love how Cora is handling the back stretch.

This continuous complaining is tiring and needless.
    Cora has a plan. He knows what he's doing in terms of resting/playing guys. Once we clinched the division, his only priority is the postseason.

In Cora we trust.

Deity
    Somebody has to pick up the game thread for this Orioles game Monday night.