Register now to remove this ad

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 9/28 Yankees at Fenway

Ugly game last night. Wasn’t really expectin a win with Brian Johnson pitching but at least we got a few runs. Good thing is we won’t have to worry about the Yankees come playoffs because Oakland will beat them in the wildcard game. And if it so happens we get the Yankees. Welll game on...... even though I’m nervous as all hell.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyWilliams View Post
    Got nothing to do with those pitchers.

The Yanks should do well against a sale with diminished velocity, their regular punching bag price and a struggling sox bullpen.
    You are taking for granted you are going to beat Oakland. Oakland right now is better than the Yankees in all departments.

Oakland will hit a lot of bombs in Yankee Stadium. Save my words. They will likely use their entire BP if necessary in early innings which btw is better than yours.

They seem better regarding healthiness and momentum as well.

We'll see what happens but I think Oakland is slightly fav to me.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Devers fucks-up a routine grounder with another bad throw to start the game Saturday.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    You are taking for granted you are going to beat Oakland. Oakland right now is better than the Yankees in all departments.

Oakland will hit a lot of bombs in Yankee Stadium. Save my words. They will likely use their entire BP if necessary in early innings which btw is better than yours.

They seem better regarding healthiness and momentum as well.

We'll see what happens but I think Oakland is slightly fav to me.
    Not taking anything for granted, just confident that the Yanks will beat the A's.