Register now to remove this ad

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 9/29/18-Yankees at Sox

Deity
    This team has played crappy for a couple of weeks now. Let’s see if they can turn the switch on come the ALDS. If it doesn’t i hope they get destroyed by the media. They need to advance to the ALCS this season.
    Last edited by d-money; 09-29-2018 at 07:37 PM.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Kind of like the way the Yankees were going to run away with the division after the All Star break?

Kind of like the way the Yankees bullpen was going to shorten games to 3 innings?
    We are competitive without our best in there. Good pitching will hold the Yankees down while we should be good for 5 runs. Nothing is easy in the POs, but I like our chances.

Quote Originally Posted by d-money View Post
    This team has played crappy for a couple of weeks now. Let’s see if they can turn the switch on come the ALDS. If it doesn’t i hope they get destroyed by the media. They need to advance to the ALCS this season.
    How a team plays in the month or week before the playoffs has no correlation to winning in the postseason, unless the team played poorly due to injury. This is even more so when a team clinches so early that the games are virtually meaningless.

The single factor that correlates the strongest with postseason winning is, oddly enough, regular season W-L record. Even with that, the playoffs are still a crapshoot. Throw all that other stuff, like momentum, out the window.

As you said in your following post, it won't be easy, but I Iike our chances.

Deity
    Well now that the thread has completely devolved over what is a meaningless series in all respects other than resting players while not costing them their edge and Cora trying to finally figure out what he really has for a post season pitching staff, I would say the most interesting aspect of the end of the season from a Sox perspective is what does Cora do to keep them sharp yet physically and emotionally rested for what will be a 5 day lay off if I have it right...something they have not had since April. It should be rejuvenating physically and mentally as long as the hitters can keep their groves without a real competitive environment for 5 days. We are so reliant on those first 5 guys in the batting order.

Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    Well now that the thread has completely devolved over what is a meaningless series in all respects other than resting players while not costing them their edge and Cora trying to finally figure out what he really has for a post season pitching staff, I would say the most interesting aspect of the end of the season from a Sox perspective is what does Cora do to keep them sharp yet physically and emotionally rested for what will be a 5 day lay off if I have it right...something they have not had since April. It should be rejuvenating physically and mentally as long as the hitters can keep their groves without a real competitive environment for 5 days. We are so reliant on those first 5 guys in the batting order.
    It should be noted that the Astros and Indians will have the same layoff as us.

The only Final Four AL team with a shorter layoff will be the Wild Card winner.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    It should be noted that the Astros and Indians will have the same layoff as us.

The only Final Four AL team with a shorter layoff will be the Wild Card winner.
    Yea but I am not going to waste my time and interest watching what Tito and AJ do with their teams. I only have interest in one team.

That reminds me...MAN It was good to see and hear Don back in the Fenway broadcast booth again!!

SOB had the audacity to look tanned, healthy and happy. How dare he!!!
    Last edited by jung; 09-30-2018 at 12:58 PM.