Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/29/18-Yankees at Sox

9/29/18-Yankees at Sox

Devers fucks up again.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

And the run scores from the error on a 2 out, 2 strike count as usual. Where was Beni playing on that AB by Stanton, took awhile to get to the ball but with Gradner running , Beni's weak arm wasn't getting him.

2 strike and give a bad 2 strike hitter pitch he can handle is quite stupid. If you watch any MFY pitcher, they always try to keep the ball away and away.

Deity
    Beni visibly trying to go to left and visibly trying to beat the shift. I like that from him. He is not some monster HR hitter and he is not going to be.

I wonder how Boonie have avoid Sunny Gray in the 2nd half meet up. He is so reactionary.

Maybe JDM could use time off. His 2nd half has slowed down from a triple crown contender to just above average.

Holt is starting for the playoff if Cora comes to his senses.

I know the stats generally are saying otherwise, but can't get away from the feeling that JDM is not hitting near as well lately with men on base. He was lethal pre A-S break and has racked up big numbers but just not seeing him as the gamewrecker right now

First and third, no one out and the 3-4-5 hitters deliver two K's and a shallow flyball. Typical Sox first inning.

That's why I want Mookie hitting 3rd. Too many squander.

Deity
    JD appears to have a little bit of the Green Monster in his head. He was taking many more of those sliders moving away to RF earlier in the season and he is getting handled by them more often now, trying to pull the ball over the Monster. The Monster giveth and the Monster taketh away.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    I know the stats generally are saying otherwise, but can't get away from the feeling that JDM is not hitting near as well lately with men on base. He was lethal pre A-S break and has racked up big numbers but just not seeing him as the gamewrecker right now
    Ya I’ve noticed this as well. I think it happens quite often with players when they start to cool off a bit. It goes to their head. Hopefully come playoffs it will light a spark under him. Not too worried about him yet.

Eovaldi looking sharp today.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Eovaldi looking sharp today.
    He looks great. His high 90s play well against a swing and miss team.

If anyone here is really confident the SOX will make it thru the 1st round, please send me whatever you're smoking.