Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/30 v MFY's

There isn't a LOOGY who don't drive us mad.

Legend
    Love my Hockey. Unreal sport. Best of everything in a couple of hours.

Quote Originally Posted by greenmonster24 View Post
    Even though we’re resting guys getting Workman and Erod and Cuestes get lit up by Yankees make me nervous facing them in playoffs we’re resting guys so offense doesn’t worry me but pitchers still need to pitch well for the few innings there used
    Strange observation since as everyone says these games don't count. They guys are just goofing around filling out the stat lines, and on Friday they will magically flip their internal motivation switches and play like the All-Stars that they are. The theory that you play like you practice is probably discredited since Parcells said it, but there may be some truth there.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    Strange observation since as everyone says these games don't count.
    Does it look to you like the Yanks care about this one?

It's difficult to be worse than A-rod in the game booth, but Ken Simpleton comes close. He's as dumb as he looks.

Very nice to see JDM's blast. He has been missing a few good pitches but hammered that one.

Rockies-Dodgers; Cubs-Brewers all currently winning through about 6 in games that count. Could be 2 single gamers for Division win vs WC slot. That's a pitching rotation wrecker.

Where are our Yankee friends today? Don't they know this game is for the season series?

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Where are our Yankee friends today? Don't they know this game is for the season series?
    Jacko isn't here to tell us how great Lasagna and Sheffield are going to be.Strange

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    See it does matter ! My real point is that I don't think the guy pitching or the guy at bat in each sequence is thinking about what matters or not, and doesn't perform much differently in these type games than a serious game. I think they actually play to their ability in each specific transaction . But in any case, it is much more enjoyable to hang a 10 spot on NYY than to get swept at Fenway by lopsided scores.

Seeing Erod fuck up Gardner is worth the price of admission

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    See it does matter ! My real point is that I don't think the guy pitching or the guy at bat in each sequence is thinking about what matters or not, and doesn't perform much differently in these type games than a serious game. I think they actually play to their ability in each specific transaction . But in any case, it is much more enjoyable to hang a 10 spot on NYY than to get swept at Fenway by lopsided scores.
    I certainly agree that the players who are in the game are trying to perform.

My only point is that the teams don't really care as you can see by the lineups and subs and pitching choices. It's gahbage time.

And yes, it always feels better beating the Yanks than losing - even in actual pre-season games, crazy as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Jacko isn't here to tell us how great Lasagna and Sheffield are going to be.Strange
    He absolutely would have been here if Sheffield mowed us down. Didn't work out that way.

Brock Holt has had a pretty amazing upsurge in his OPS at the end of the year.

Where are the Yankee trolls today (BillyWilliams and Jacksonianmarch) talking about the Yankees winning the season series? LOL. What a couple of losers!