Register now to remove this ad

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 2018 Post Mortem

Quote Originally Posted by BillyWilliams View Post
    Small sample size........
    True, but Tito is 15-19 in playoff games since 2008. Is that small, too?

Farrell was 5-8 and was skewered alive by Sox fans, including me.

Look, I get why Sox fans love Tito. The guy brought us 2 rings after decades and decades of frustration, but you should count the good and bad, and although Cora's sample size is teenie, there's no bad-- only good.

Like I said, I may adjust my opinion in the future. Right now, I think Cora has us positioned to win it all this year. If I'm wrong, and we lose this year, maybe I'll call it a tie. Maybe I'll still have Cora ahead, depending on how we may lose.

Cora has done a great job with this team. He's greatly lessened the blunders and bone-headed plays. Players are more focused and seem to have much more fire and desire. They exude confidence but not cockiness. Our pen looks like crap on paper, but somehow we finished top 10 in pen WAR. Despite Pom's implosion and losing Wright for most of the year and ERod & Sale for some time, we still finished 6th in SP'er WAR.

I know this is not all Cora's doing. DD and the players play a big part in our improvement, but I give a lot of credit to Cora. I doubt we win 98 game with Farrell.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    It's a lot of playoff games, that's the good part.

They're already roasting him every game thread. I stopped visiting those threads until the 9th inning.
    It's absolutely nothing compared to the roasting Boone has been taking from Yankee fans, I'll say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    It's absolutely nothing compared to the roasting Boone has been taking from Yankee fans, I'll say that.
    For good reason. Even if you guys beat the Sox, he'd be roasted more.

It's a lot of playoff games, that's the good part.
    True enough, but with the top 5 teams making it each year, and being in the easiest division in MLB, I'm not sure it's a great as it looks.

Farrell was 5-8 and was skewered alive by Sox fans, including me.

Look, I get why Sox fans love Tito. The guy brought us 2 rings after decades and decades of frustration, but you should count the good and bad, and although Cora's sample size is teenie, there's no bad-- only good.

Like I said, I may adjust my opinion in the future. Right now, I think Cora has us positioned to win it all this year. If I'm wrong, and we lose this year, maybe I'll call it a tie. Maybe I'll still have Cora ahead, depending on how we may lose.

Cora has done a great job with this team. He's greatly lessened the blunders and bone-headed plays. Players are more focused and seem to have much more fire and desire. They exude confidence but not cockiness. Our pen looks like crap on paper, but somehow we finished top 10 in pen WAR. Despite Pom's implosion and losing Wright for most of the year and ERod & Sale for some time, we still finished 6th in SP'er WAR.

I know this is not all Cora's doing. DD and the players play a big part in our improvement, but I give a lot of credit to Cora. I doubt we win 98 game with Farrell.
    Well, we'll see where cora is 30 years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyWilliams View Post
    Well, we'll see where cora is 30 years from now.
    30 years? Jesus. You must be a youngster.

In the case of Boone is well deserved

Cora has been doing an amazing job

30 years? Jesus. You must be a youngster.
    I wish!!

I just meant that tito has been on the job for 30 years, not many managers can say that.