Register now to remove this ad

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 144

Thread: 2018 Post Mortem

  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    I think he will be back, his clubhouse presence has some value; he will be in an incentive based contract.
    I tend to agree with this. I think CC will be back. And he does have some value.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Cora just seemed more prepared and ready for the job than did Boone. Cora probably also benefitted from having an experienced bench coach in Ron Roenicke alongside him. Boone probably could have used that. To me , he often came across as indecisive. He constantly used terms like " a little bit " and " kind of " in explaining his decisions.
    Back when Cora was still playing, I remember Remy (or somebody) saying that you will never see Cora make a mental mistake. Errors, yes. Mental mistakes, no. In addition to the preparation that he does, Cora is always 100% in the game.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    I think he will be back, his clubhouse presence has some value; he will be in an incentive based contract.
    CCs value was more than just dollars, it was length. Id be shocked, to be totally honest, if he was back at all. I anticipate he gets a guaranteed deal elsewhere. We have predicted for years that Harper and Machado were heading to NY. Who knows, it could be Keuchel and Corbin or Bungarner and Thor. Who knows

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by tom-uk View Post
    Cashman not trading for Verlander last year looks bad in retrospect. Houston gave up their 3rd 9th and 11th prospects.
    The tigers wanted a premium to trade him to the yankees

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    CC’s value was more than just dollars, it was length. I’d be shocked, to be totally honest, if he was back at all. I anticipate he gets a guaranteed deal elsewhere. We have predicted for years that Harper and Machado we’re heading to NY. Who knows, it could be Keuchel and Corbin or Bungarner and Thor. Who knows
    I can see Machado if they trade Andujar for Thor or MadBum. For the record, I don't want to trade Andujar, he has a special bat, but those two can take us over the top for a few years

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Back when Cora was still playing, I remember Remy (or somebody) saying that you will never see Cora make a mental mistake. Errors, yes. Mental mistakes, no. In addition to the preparation that he does, Cora is always 100% in the game.
    And he played for Francona for several years, I'm sure that was a positive learning experience for him.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    And he played for Francona for several years, I'm sure that was a positive learning experience for him.
    No doubt. It's amazing how many people associated with Francona are managing. As much as I like Cora, Francona is still the man.

  8. #128
    Cora is more decisive. He makes a decision, stands by it, answers some questions and Belichek's others. His experience in Houston helped. He is gonna be in Boston for a LOOOOONG time. Boone doesn't strike me as a good leader. He might be an analytical guy, but he has trouble making decisions when the analytics don't point to an obvious answer. Not every situation is as easy as "upcoming batter cannot hit lefties, let's bring in a lefty". I wonder if this season will provide some learning curve for him and he can improve, but for a guy who managed to take his team to 100 wins while navigating through a ridiculous assortment of injuries, he just doesn't seem to be as good as the results showed. I am willing to give him another season if only to avoid getting an old school idiot in there (like a Gardenhire).
    The rebuild is complete.

  9. #129
    Tito was an excellent manager for us, until he lost it a little. The Indians are 12-12 in the playoffs under TF.

    For all the "what have you done for me lately" crowd on this site, there's an awful lot of loving going to Tito.

    Don't get me wrong, he was the best manager I ever saw on the Sox, even above Dick Williams, but I'm still putting Cora slightly ahead of him at this moment in time.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Cora is more decisive. He makes a decision, stands by it, answers some questions and Belichek's others. His experience in Houston helped. He is gonna be in Boston for a LOOOOONG time. Boone doesn't strike me as a good leader. He might be an analytical guy, but he has trouble making decisions when the analytics don't point to an obvious answer. Not every situation is as easy as "upcoming batter cannot hit lefties, let's bring in a lefty". I wonder if this season will provide some learning curve for him and he can improve, but for a guy who managed to take his team to 100 wins while navigating through a ridiculous assortment of injuries, he just doesn't seem to be as good as the results showed. I am willing to give him another season if only to avoid getting an old school idiot in there (like a Gardenhire).
    It's hard to fire a manager who "won" 100 games in a season,

    By the way, I like Gardenhire, maybe a guy like him with a bench coach who is big on data

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Tito was an excellent manager for us, until he lost it a little. The Indians are 12-12 in the playoffs under TF.

    For all the "what have you done for me lately" crowd on this site, there's an awful lot of loving going to Tito.

    Don't get me wrong, he was the best manager I ever saw on the Sox, even above Dick Williams, but I'm still putting Cora slightly ahead of him at this moment in time.
    I hear you, but the love for Cora will last until the hard time comes, a lot of people will turn their backs on him. I don't think you will be part of that crew, but a lot of people in this forum will do that

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Tito was an excellent manager for us, until he lost it a little. The Indians are 12-12 in the playoffs under TF.

    For all the "what have you done for me lately" crowd on this site, there's an awful lot of loving going to Tito.

    Don't get me wrong, he was the best manager I ever saw on the Sox, even above Dick Williams, but I'm still putting Cora slightly ahead of him at this moment in time.
    I thought you said it was 'not even close'.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Tito was an excellent manager for us, until he lost it a little. The Indians are 12-12 in the playoffs under TF.

    For all the "what have you done for me lately" crowd on this site, there's an awful lot of loving going to Tito.

    Don't get me wrong, he was the best manager I ever saw on the Sox, even above Dick Williams, but I'm still putting Cora slightly ahead of him at this moment in time.
    Small sample size........
    Sign above the toilet in my bathroom - "Please flush twice, it's a long way to New Jersey"

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    I hear you, but the love for Cora will last until the hard time comes, a lot of people will turn their backs on him. I don't think you will be part of that crew, but a lot of people in this forum will do that
    They're already roasting him every game thread. I stopped visiting those threads until the 9th inning.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I thought you said it was 'not even close'.
    The slight lead is not even close.

    LOL, you got me!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •