Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Didi to have TJS

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    I doubt it. Machado wasn't a good defender at SS this past yr and while Gleyber has the tools to be a good SS, he wasn't one this season. My bet is we sign Machado to play 3b long term but he sees time at SS until Didi returns. I think the Yankees will use this injury to lock him up for 2020 at least
    Kicked to the curb.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

For me, this opens the door for B.Harper. The Yankees are going to need a left handed bat more than anything else. They will sign Harper for LF, play Torres at SS, and find a temporary player at 2b until Didi returns. The Yankees OF will consist of Harper, Hicks, and Judge, with Stanton at DH.

I can't figure out if the Yankees plan to keep Andujar at 3b, trade him, or move him to 1b?

I hope the Yankees can't/don't sign Harper and Machado. Harper will probably cost 300 million at a minimum and there will be competition for Harper as well as Machado.
    Last edited by Fan_since_Boggs; 10-13-2018 at 02:30 AM.

I doubt Harper sees a $300 mil total contract (he’ll get close), but I definitely could see him raking in $30 mil plus per season in his first three seasons. I guarantee Harper gets a long deal structured with a high up front with an early opt out to make the AAV more palatable for the team while giving Harper another crack at FA before he turns 30. I can see a 10 year $260 mil contract with the first $105 mil coming in the first 3 seasons with an opt out. The final seven years and $155 mil is an insurance policy against injury or poor production

I never root for any player to become injured.

I scratched my head when Didi was acquired. Other than his speed, I saw no evidence that he could fill Jeter's shoes.

Since then, somewhat like watching Bogey develop, I have watched Didi grow as a player. Last year was possibly a career year. At least as far as I could see from watching him play about 20 games.

This year he slid.

Still, this guy looks like a premier type player.

I can't see the Yankees discarding him. He is worth too much when healthy.

I hope Macholo does not end up in the Bronx. I have enjoyed not watching him play.

Seeing that punk-ass puke in pinstripes will make me puke.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    I doubt Harper sees a $300 mil total contract (he’ll get close), but I definitely could see him raking in $30 mil plus per season in his first three seasons. I guarantee Harper gets a long deal structured with a high up front with an early opt out to make the AAV more palatable for the team while giving Harper another crack at FA before he turns 30. I can see a 10 year $260 mil contract with the first $105 mil coming in the first 3 seasons with an opt out. The final seven years and $155 mil is an insurance policy against injury or poor production
    I hope the Yanks get Harper. He'll be your next Ellsury.