Register now to remove this ad

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Is Kimbrel Shook?

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    In 2013 Koji probably had the best run of any closer in history, or maybe Rivera had a similar stretch.

When we say we don't want any drama from our closer, we're basically saying we don't want any baserunners. We don't even want any balls put in play, actually. An immaculate inning would be nice.
    LOL I would be down with an immaculate inning.

A 1-2-3 inning, of course, is the preferred outing. But I can usually stay fairly calm as long as the tying run does not come to the plate, where one swing can blow the save. In a 1 run game, the tying run automatically comes to the plate, so those are pretty much always nerve wracking no matter what. With a 3 run lead, I can deal with a base runner.

The bases loaded crap, where the 1/2 inning takes 20 minutes (or more), is unbearable.

The situation with Kimbrel may not be as dire as we thought and I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned in this thread.

I've heard from several different sources that a friend of Cora's contacted him after Wednesday's game and told him that K was definitely tipping his pitches. This guy caught it on TV! When he was in the 'set' position his hands were higher when throwing the curve than when throwing the fast ball (or the opposite - I forget).

Once he realized it he worked on it a bit on Thursday, and Voila! The Kimbrel of old pitched on Thursday night.

Has anyone else heard this?
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Let's take a look at some of those Koji numbers from 2013. They really are beyond incredible. I think it's the WHIP numbers that are the most mind-boggling.

July .391
    Aug .364
    Sept .286 !!!
    ALDS .333
    ALCS .667 not at his best! LOL
    WS .429

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    The situation with Kimbrel may not be as dire as we thought and I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned in this thread.

I've heard from several different sources that a friend of Cora's contacted him after Wednesday's game and told him that K was definitely tipping his pitches. This guy caught it on TV! When he was in the 'set' position his hands were higher when throwing the curve than when throwing the fast ball (or the opposite - I forget).

Once he realized it he worked on it a bit on Thursday, and Voila! The Kimbrel of old pitched on Thursday night.

Has anyone else heard this?
    Yes. We're all over it here.

An interesting detail is that our old buddy Eric Gagne sent Cora a text about it. They were both on the 2007 team.

To which Slasher had one of the lines of the year: 'that trade for Gagne finally paid off'.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Yes. We're all over it here.

An interesting detail is that our old buddy Eric Gagne sent Cora a text about it. They were both on the 2007 team.

To which Slasher had one of the lines of the year: 'that trade for Gagne finally paid off'.
    Oops. I was gone all day yesterday (as I'm going to be today). I guess that'll teach me to read the entire thread before I post! LOL

Thanks.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully