Register now to remove this ad

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647

Thread: 10/16 ALCS game 3

Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    No second guess, just told you what the Radio guys said. Only thing I knew was he was suspended. They gave me that info that the Sox hit him hard, according to them.
    No, I wasn't questioning any of that. I'm mainly talking about the 27 pitches part. I think Hinch should have at least removed him after he hit Moreland.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaneater View Post
    Me too, Moon. Well, not always, but for some years now. When I was younger, my favorite was Jim Ed, as you might infer from my avatar. JBJ checks the South Carolina box (the state where I was born) by having attended college in SC, which is not quite as good as Jim Ed actually being from SC, but still. And defense trumps offense for me personally, so watching JBJ gliding around CF and making the impossible look routine is about as good as it gets. Love to see him doing well. May he have many more ABs with the sacks packed this postseason!
    By "always" I meant since he was ready to be called up. He really struggled for a couple years, but I stuck with him.

My first favorite player was Tommy Harper, first when I was a Brewer fan and then when they traded him to Boston at the time my family moved to Portland, ME ads a Red Sox.

After that, I was a huge Bill Lee, Rick Burleson and Luis Tiant fan. Ellis Burks, Tom Gordon, VTek & Pedro. Manny & Mueller. Uehara.

Legend
    See how crazy the Play-offs are.
    JBJ this year with Bases Loaded 1 for 17 4 RBI's .059 BA
    Play-offs 2-3, 7 RBI's.
    He's been involved in 11 Runs in the Play-offs, 4 scoring 7 knocked in. Fantastic for the Bottom of order. Don't go by BA too much, he's hitting at huge times, and keeping the line moving. And cut down his K's big time. 22 AB's, 6 K's. Fantastic.

Before these Play-offs, JBJ had 25 AB's with 13 K's.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 10-17-2018 at 10:57 AM.

something tells me he is going to see a healthy dose of CB's from here on out.....
    having Betts behind him has gotten him FB's to hit but that is about to change.
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    After giving this some considerable thought, I've come to the conclusion that either Nunez or Devers would be an improvement over an empty spot. But I could be wrong.
    I think it might be an improvement if we just put an empty bucket at 3B. If the batted ball hits the bucket, it is an out.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    he 100% caught it. it was the glove hitting the tin that made the loud sound. in realtime i thought it was a hit (because of the sound). in replay it was obvious it was a catch.
    umpires did a good job last night.
    Before you 100% me on anything you ought to at least take a look at the video posted this morning. If that doesn't show you or anyone else that that ball came of the wall first, then ok I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    Before you 100% me on anything you ought to at least take a look at the video posted this morning. If that doesn't show you or anyone else that that ball came of the wall first, then ok I get it.
    It ticked the wall first. Sox got robbed. Water under the bridge now.

IMO, it look like a clear catch. The ball goes right into the web of his glove as his glove clangs against the metal wall.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedballgame View Post
    It ticked the wall first. Sox got robbed. Water under the bridge now.
    We won so no issue. Did you see the slow mo video that I saw? It hit the wall. Maybe the replay police don't like it when it seems apparent that even they can make mistakes.

Deity
    We won so no issue. Did you see the slow mo video that I saw? It hit the wall. Maybe the replay police don't like it when it seems apparent that even they can make mistakes.
    That video was not conclusive. In fact, I think it more likely the glove hit the panel in question. We don't know where the mics are. We don't know how those swinging panels react to being hit by a ball or a glove. Just not conclusive one way or the other. Plus if the ball hit the wall we would have seen a shot from CF or LF which would have been conclusive.

but my response was to moon tho?
    anyways....post the link to the video.
    if you did already - apologies i missed it.

Deity
    but my response was to moon tho?
    anyways....post the link to the video.
    if you did already - apologies i missed it.
    it magically disappeared from the weei website but greenwell found it and posted it. I'm not surprised at all that it was called a catch but there really is a chance that it wasn't. it would have been a shame if the better team had lost the game due to that particular play.
    Hey look I know that you weren't directing your comment to me. Sorry but you have to understand that I have been soundly admonished on here - damn near spanked- because I suggested that a discussion of Chris Sale in 2018 should not include what the Sox might be offering to keep him in for me what is the not so near future. With that in my my friend ( I bet that you would be actually even though we do disagree from time to time - You'd get a kick out of someone like me) I'm just going to keep jumping in to any conversation that I want to - so there!!!! lololololol

i watched the video Green posted. it was not a catch. hit the wall first.

Deity
    i watched the video Green posted. it was not a catch. hit the wall first.
    I still would understand if someone felt it was a catch, I was just having a hard time understanding why anyone would feel that there wasn't at least a chance after watching the video. I'm not sure that your take is wrong but thanks for being able to understand that there might be another way to look at it.

With respect to the sound well I am an avid golfer. I play many many rounds each year. I hit a ton of balls and I have to say I really do think I know what the sound of a hard object hitting metal sounds like maybe even better than some people. I really think that if that ball hit his glove first the sound would have felt like I hit a ball with a mitten over my driver.

5 down 6 to go.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."