Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Astros Cheating

Deity
    Apparently the Dodgers claim the Astros did this last year in the World Series. If so, they are doubly stupid for trying it against Boston, since our manager was in their dugout last year.

Or maybe the Dodgers are just paranoid finger pointers, which also happens a lot in professional sports...

Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post
    How BIG does this story get?
    Probably bigger than this....

https://www.12up.com/posts/6197157-v...ostseason-long

Deity
    Ok pardon the language but who really gives a flying fuck whether the Astros were trying to steal signs? Does anybody think that that doesn't happen. It happens in almost every game played at every level. If they weren't trying to steal signs, it wouldn't be normal. It doesn't appear that they had an illegal device hidden anywhere within the domain of the Red Sox. The only reason that this becomes news in New England is because there are actually still people out there who think that Tom Brady is the only QB in the history of the game who tampers with footballs before games are played.
    I can't help but think of all of the times in my baseball days that while I was taking my lead of the bag, it was my job to let our man at the plate know what the next pitch would be. Most of the time we tried and most of the time we were wrong.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    Ok pardon the language but who really gives a flying fuck whether the Astros were trying to steal signs? Does anybody think that that doesn't happen. It happens in almost every game played at every level. If they weren't trying to steal signs, it wouldn't be normal. It doesn't appear that they had an illegal device hidden anywhere within the domain of the Red Sox. The only reason that this becomes news in New England is because there are actually still people out there who think that Tom Brady is the only QB in the history of the game who tampers with footballs before games are played.
    I can't help but think of all of the times in my baseball days that while I was taking my lead of the bag, it was my job to let our man at the plate know what the next pitch would be. Most of the time we tried and most of the time we were wrong.
    MLB teams trying to steal signs is't news. MLB teams being stupid enough to get caught is...

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    MLB teams trying to steal signs is't news. MLB teams being stupid enough to get caught is...
    That is so very true. Being stupid although perhaps not fixable is not a crime that creates a punishable offense.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Swept under the rug.
    @ByChrisMason

Major League Baseball: “A thorough investigation concluded that an Astros employee was monitoring the field to ensure that the opposing Club was not violating any rules... we consider the matter closed.”

Called it.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Deity
    So MLB decided that the Astros get to be the police?

Maybe they could also let the Astros catcher call balls and strikes while they’re at it...

Honestly, who cares?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    Honestly, who cares?
    I do. I think that's a horrible story to use as a cover-up.

As a Patroits' fan, think other teams' fans would like it if the SpyGate resolution was "The NFL has determined that the Patroits were only filming the walk through to make sure the Rams were not using any illegal formations"? Or if the DeflateeGate excuse was "The Patroits were only trying... " Oh, wait. DeFlateGate doesn't need an excuse since the entire thing was a media fabrication that the Patriots were actually punished for....