Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Machado: asshole? Dirty player? Both?

Machado: asshole? Dirty player? Both?

Yes! Yes! Yes!

My heart roots for the Brewers, but my nasty, "I fucking hate the Dodgers," baseball guy roots for the Dodgers. I won't be able to work up the requisite HATE of the Brewers, so I have to root that guys like Machado for the Dodgers become OUR story. Easy. The guy is a slacking POS primadona, and the Sox NEED to face him! They NEED to take down this talented but chalk full o asshole team!

I don’t think that the Dodgers will give the Red Sox much trouble unless Kershaw becomes Madbum and pitches two lights out games. I see him pitching one great game but no more than that. Ryu is probably a better post season pitcher at this point. That said.. Machado is a typical thug who if it wasn’t for baseball, he’d be slinging rocks down the block. A dirty and mopey player who cares about himself way more than his team.

Deity
    I don't care if he is an asshole; I'm not going to hang out with him. I do know he is also a mega-talent and easily one of the 5 best position players in MLB today.

I doubt the Red Sox get him, but I certainly would not mind if they did.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by YastrzemskI View Post
    I don’t think that the Dodgers will give the Red Sox much trouble unless Kershaw becomes Madbum and pitches two lights out games. I see him pitching one great game but no more than that. Ryu is probably a better post season pitcher at this point. That said.. Machado is a typical thug who if it wasn’t for baseball, he’d be slinging rocks down the block. A dirty and mopey player who cares about himself way more than his team.
    This is very similar to how the 1988 Oakland A's felt.

NEVER take any opponent lightly. Especially the Dodgers, who have this weird ability to take utility infielders and turn them into All Stars....

Deity
    Machado represents the worst aspects of the modern professional athlete. He only has one angel on one shoulder and I will leave it to you folks to figure out which angel on which shoulder.

Ended Pedey's career (didn't mean to do it). Could have damaged Aguilar's Achilles on the cement headed play at 1st base (didn't mean to do it). Tried to pull the Brewer's shortstop over and got the dreaded automatic DP for it (didn't mean to do it). Some team of players is going to pay the bill this jackass is running up. Either that or somebody is actually going to simply take Machado out and I mean out. I would love the performance but I have lost faith that the extra baggage is ever going to go away.

Best scenario, his nonsense costs him a few million bucks in market value....a highly likely scenario in today's baseball economics.

To clarify.. I do not think that the Dodgers will give the Red Sox too much trouble if the Red Sox will play like the same ol’ Red Sox of 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    This is very similar to how the 1988 Oakland A's felt.

NEVER take any opponent lightly. Especially the Dodgers, who have this weird ability to take utility infielders and turn them into All Stars....
    No problem, we have Brock Holt!
    “The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead.
    It's only difficult for other people.

It works the same way for stupid."

I don't care if he is an asshole; I'm not going to hang out with him. I do know he is also a mega-talent and easily one of the 5 best position players in MLB today.

I doubt the Red Sox get him, but I certainly would not mind if they did.
    Please, no. Just no.

Quote Originally Posted by YastrzemskI View Post
    To clarify.. I do not think that the Dodgers will give the Red Sox too much trouble if the Red Sox will play like the same ol’ Red Sox of 2018.
    It's the postseason. Take all of the regular season numbers and throw them out the window. The Sox are the better team, but I wouldn't take the Dodgers lightly. One game at a time.

Answer to the original question is both.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Everyone on this board must know how I feel about this punk by now.

I would just as soon have Bill Lambier on my team than this self absorbed douche.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post

I would just as soon have Bill Lambier on my team than this self absorbed douche.
    I’ve been a huge Bill Laimbeer fan ever since I learned he played a Sleestak in the original “Land of the Lost” TV show...

I’ve been a huge Bill Laimbeer fan ever since I learned he played a Sleestak in the original “Land of the Lost” TV show...
    He's a fellow domer, but still a big prick- as always.

He was Digger's punching bag while at ND.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post

yup - and I'd even add Rudy Larusso to the list - you remember him don't you? I'd mention Rickie Mahorn but I'm afraid his mom would be giving me a call. lol