Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 74 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/18 ALCS game 5

10/18 ALCS game 5

I get chills already. It's only 35° this morning.

Price is going to deliver the pennant tonight.

Please close this out.

Price is starting?

Please get a big enough lead we don’t have to see Kimbrels face in this game.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    I get chills already. It's only 35° this morning.

Price is going to deliver the pennant tonight.
    I hope you’re right but i have no confidence in him because time and time again he fails. Gonna have to hit verlander.

Quote Originally Posted by d-money View Post
    I hope you’re right but i have no confidence in him because time and time again he fails. Gonna have to hit verlander.
    On the plus Price was a lot better in his second start than he was game 1. If not for Xander taking his sweet time throwing that ball. Price would have went 5 innings giving up 2 runs. I think Price can give us 5 innings tonight.

Deity
    I wonder if Cora is going to plan to sink or swim with Price as he did for the most part with Porcello or if he will plan on having erod sub in. I have as little if not less faith in erod at the moment than I have in Price. I would sink or swim with Price if he is gutting it out the way Porcello gutted out his start. But does anybody think Price has those kinds of guts and can at least hold the Astros RH hitting lineup down to a dull roar in their own park?

Porcello had nothing and very likely knew he had nothing as he walked in from the bullpen for the 1st inning. But he did hang in their as long as he could with his butt hung out there in the breeze for everybody to see. Not sure Price can do that.

The whole pen and rotation is scrambled eggs except for Eo. Since most of these games have been pen games, Cora now probably ends up with Sale+ almost everybody in 6 and Eo in 7 on a full 4 days rest with everybody in support again.

I expect Verlander tonight to be much tougher than Morton was last night.

Hard to call what either of these managers is doing with his pitching "working". Its working as long as the ball is hit in the general vicinity of fielders capable of making great plays. Other than that, not working worth shit! Even with that, for my money Cora has been the better Manager so far.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    I wonder if Cora is going to plan to sink or swim with Price as he did for the most part with Porcello or if he will plan on having erod sub in. I have as little if not less faith in erod at the moment than I have in Price. I would sink or swim with Price if he is gutting it out the way Porcello gutted out his start. But does anybody think Price has those kinds of guts and can at least hold the Astros RH hitting lineup down to a dull roar in their own park?

Porcello had nothing and very likely knew he had nothing as he walked in from the bullpen for the 1st inning. But he did hang in their as long as he could with his butt hung out there in the breeze for everybody to see. Not sure Price can do that.

The whole pen and rotation is scrambled eggs except for Eo. Since most of these games have been pen games, Cora now probably ends up with Sale+ almost everybody in 6 and Eo in 7 on a full 4 days rest with everybody in support again.

I expect Verlander tonight to be much tougher than Morton was last night.

Hard to call what either of these managers is doing with his pitching "working". Its working as long as the ball is hit in the general vicinity of fielders capable of making great plays. Other than that, not working worth shit! Even with that, for my money Cora has been the better Manager so far.
    It seems like Cora went all in last night at the expense of this game. I would be ecstatic if price went 5 shutout innings but that would be a miracle. Gonna have to hit verlander. Going back home will still be nice but we just don’t know what sale will give us in a game 6.

Are you ready for some Heath Hembree action?

Legend
    BP game, could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Are you ready for some Heath Hembree action?
    Thursday is an alcohol free day for me. This could get rough.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

@ByChrisMason

"To have that opportunity to punch our ticket to the World Series is very cool." — Game 5 starter David Price

7 innings, 0 ER.

other names i have posted under: none

I’ll forgive Price for his post season shortcomings if he goes 7 shut out innings tonight. I think we all would.

I doubt Brasier is available tonight. I'm not sure about Barnes, but I would prefer saving Barnes for games 6 & 7. The Red Sox will likely go with their B bullpen today, relying on guys like Workman and Hembree.

Who knows, maybe Price will come up big and guys like Workman and Hembree will also get it done. And perhaps Verlander will be off his game. It could happen, but the Astros are the clear favorites going into tonight based on the SP matchup.

I'm giving Pearce a day off. He is 35 years old, not accustomed to regular playing time, and it doesn't look like Moreland is going to start again in this series.
    Betts RF
    Benintendi LF
    Martinez DH
    Bogaerts SS
    Devers 3b
    Holt 2b
    Swihart 1b
    Vazquez C
    Bradly Jr. CF

At this point, rest is for the off season.

Also, Pearce had one of the two hits off of Verlander in game 1.