Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 World Series: The Dodgers vS The Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    I think diminished Chris Sale loses the opener to Kershaw. The Sox get Ryu out early in game 2 and beat the Dodgers pen. The Sox do the same against Hill in game 3. They tattoo Buehler as the Sox demolish fastball pitchers without impeccable command. They lose game 5 against Keyshawn again. They take the title home vs Ryu in Boston
    You are finally starting to come around. Keep it up.

I think diminished Chris Sale loses the opener to Kershaw. The Sox get Ryu out early in game 2 and beat the Dodgers pen. The Sox do the same against Hill in game 3. They tattoo Buehler as the Sox demolish fastball pitchers without impeccable command. They lose game 5 against Keyshawn again. They take the title home vs Ryu in Boston
    Reading this makes me think we may sweep.

I have a feeling this series is going to have a lot of twists and turns.

I am picking the Sox in 6.

brock holt will have his name imprinted on this series.

I'm not worried about Kershaw or anybody's ace. We seem to rise to meet the challenges.

I'm hoping it's a warm night for Sale's start.

I like our 4 starters- all with extra rest.

I'm thinking Sox in 5, maybe 6.

I expect a 100% Sale. Kershaw is the guy who is diminished. He is still good but ain’t elite anymore. His stuff is not dominant as it used to be. Also he will face the best offense in baseball. BOS is way better than MIL and ATL. Not even close. Also He will pitch in an AL park.

IMO we win the 2 at home. 2 at LAD, and not sure whether we lose one. Series won’t comeback to Boston. Want to be humble but we are that good this year.
    Last edited by iortiz; 10-21-2018 at 10:35 PM.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

I base my predictions on wishful thinking. It's just as valid as any other measure. Sox in 5 because there's another event I'd like to attend the scheduled night of game 6, and I have to work on the scheduled night of game 7. Take care of business for me, Red Sox!

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    I expect a 100% Sale. Kershaw is the guy who is diminished. He is still good but ain’t elite anymore. His stuff is not dominant as it used to be. Also he will face the best offense in baseball. BOS is way better than MIL and ATL. Not even close. Also He will pitch in an AL park.

IMO we win the 2 at home. 2 at LAD, and not sure whether we lose one. Series won’t comeback to Boston. Want to be humble but we are that good this year.
    I like the way you are thinking about this.

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    I like the way you are thinking about this.
    Also Kershaw has been overused.

We’ve got this cp
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Legend
    Anybody think the Colder weather is going to effect the Dodgers. I do.

not 1 of your 254 predictions has come true this entire season.
    not one. just stop. please.
    other names i have posted under: none

I think the sox take it in 5, 6 the most.

Anybody see the crazy checkerboard uniforms the Dodgers had when they last met the sox in the WS in 1916?

I'm late to the party but I am going with 6 games, possibly 7. As many are saying the Dodgers are no pushovers. They were a bit of a sleeper team as their record was the 3rd or 4th worst coming into the playoffs. But this is a well rounded team. Top 5 in pretty much every category. Not to mention they were a game away from winning the World Series last year. With that said, Boston is on an incredible role right now and I think we win this series. But it won't be easy by any means.

Legend
    Dodgers not a big running team, about same as Houston. Stolen Bases not a big concern. 2nd most HRS in the Majors. Dodgers hit more HRS at home then on the Road. Big Park, they have Power. Hit better on the Road for Average though, pretty significant too.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 10-22-2018 at 11:07 AM.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I'm not worried about Kershaw or anybody's ace. We seem to rise to meet the challenges.

I'm hoping it's a warm night for Sale's start.

I like our 4 starters- all with extra rest.

I'm thinking Sox in 5, maybe 6.
    Kershaw is defintely hit or miss at this point in the season. He's had good games and bad ones in the NLCS, and his three World Series starts included a terrific 7IP, 1ER outing, a complete clunker (4.2IP, 6ER), and a short rest 4 IP outing in relief where he was pretty good...