Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 World Series: The Dodgers vS The Red Sox

I also say 7 because I don't want this season to end. It's been so fun to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

One thing for sure ; there will be plenty of hate to spread around. Machado, Puig , Joe Buck , John Smoltz , Alex Cora ,the umpires and any Sox player who screws up or even falters a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    One thing for sure ; there will be plenty of hate to spread around. Machado, Puig , Joe Buck , John Smoltz , Alex Cora ,the umpires and any Sox player who screws up or even falters a bit.
    I'm the founding (and only) member of the Joe Buck fan club, but I like his baseball announcing far less than his football announcing

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    What’s wrong with Smoltz?

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    What’s wrong with Smoltz?
    Nothing wrong with Smoltz. Or Buck. Or Cora. Or any Sox player. And the umps are mostly okay. But that will not stop the venom. It will be oozing like clearasil on prom night.

Smoltz was a great pitcher and he seems like a good guy. But his commentating style features some lingo that drives me a bit nuts. Before Game 6 of the NLCS he was giving his keys to victory, and he said for the Dodgers it was important that they 'control the scoreboard'. Control the scoreboard! Now there's some strategy, people. I can't believe no one else thought of it before.

Has Cora announce game 2 starter yet? It needs to be Eovaldi. You need these home games.

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Has Cora announce game 2 starter yet? It needs to be Eovaldi. You need these home games.
    What's wrong with having Price go? I thought he left a pretty good taste in our mouths?

He won't commit to anyone beyond Sale starting Game 1.

Sox in 6.

Legend
    The Sox haven't needed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I'm the founding (and only) member of the Joe Buck fan club, but I like his baseball announcing far less than his football announcing
    Is membership still open for that group? I know I may be in the minority but I happen to like Joe Buck both as a football and a baseball announcer. Plus he does some great interviews on the Audience channel.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    Is membership still open for that group? I know I may be in the minority but I happen to like Joe Buck both as a football and a baseball announcer. Plus he does some great interviews on the Audience channel.
    He is very good at baseball and less good at football. Given his background, it is a safe bet that he likes baseball more - and it shows. His partners on FOX have consistently been not very good ... though Smoltz is the best one he has had.

I'm picking the Sox in 5 because if they can win it before midnight they'll have done it on my birthday. They missed it in 2004 by winning the WS ~20 minutes too early. :-(
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

I think diminished Chris Sale loses the opener to Kershaw. The Sox get Ryu out early in game 2 and beat the Dodgers pen. The Sox do the same against Hill in game 3. They tattoo Buehler as the Sox demolish fastball pitchers without impeccable command. They lose game 5 against Keyshawn again. They take the title home vs Ryu in Boston