Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/24 World Series game 2

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwell View Post
    I'd have to agree for the most part. I do think the sox will win this, but I didn't come out of game 1 thinking we are way better than the dodgers.
    Better, worse...not sure I can make much of a comment on that. The Dodgers are more flawed in the way that MLB is pushing this game and in the result of the NL insisting on continuing to assign a spot in the batting order for the Pitcher. MLB needs to wake up on a number of scores and the NL needs to stop this Pitcher bats nonsense. It is high time for that to be over especially given the direction MLB is going.

Somewhere along the way the NL owners (MLB owners have never been the sharpest tools in the shed) simply lost track of where rules and issues like the baseball itself, now a rocket ship, were effecting the game and how far out of step that was to keeping a spot in the batting order for a Pitcher.

The Dodgers are a product of trying to absorb both where MLB wants to go and where the NL is with its continued support of the Pitcher having a spot in the order. The Boston Red Sox are the antithesis of MLB's stupid insistence on trying to take this game somewhere it should not go and of course the Red Sox don't have to deal with the nutty, Pitcher still bats nonsense.
    Last edited by jung; 10-24-2018 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    It's my Birthday today. Sox better get a win for me!
    Happy Birthday Tyler!

I hope the Sox give you (and the rest of us) a nice win!

I'd have to agree for the most part. I do think the sox will win this, but I didn't come out of game 1 thinking we are way better than the dodgers.
    What was great about last night's game was that every time the Dodgers scored, the Sox came back the next 1/2 inning and scored. That really has to dampen the morale of the other team.

'Relentless' is a word we keep hearing about this team. Very fitting.

I have a feeling Mookie might have himself a game tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I have a feeling Mookie might have himself a game tonight.
    I was reading something earlier about Sale's postseason ERA and Mookie's postseason OPS, both of which are well below par for them. It goes to show how good this team is when your ace and your MVP are not playing particularly well in the postseason, and yet the team is still 8-2.

I was supposed to work 12-10 today.. I took off the 5-10 part for this game. And I’m ordering some spicy food for taking a dump mojo

Betts RF,
    Benintendi LF,
    Pearce 1B,
    Martinez DH,
    Bogaerts SS,
    Devers 3B,
    Kinsler 2B,
    Bradley Jr. CF,
    Vázquez C,

Price LHP
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    I was supposed to work 12-10 today.. I took off the 5-10 part for this game. And I’m ordering some spicy food for taking a dump mojo
    LOL What???

Whatever works JBay!

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    LOL What???

Whatever works JBay!
    Re-read last night's thread. Poo mojo.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

That's how I feel. It was a hell of a close game through 7 innings. I'll reserve judgement until I see what happens tonight.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Emp9 View Post
    Even if the Sox lost last night it was a thrilling game by any standard. And we won in grand fashion. Even with some mistakes, they came out the first inning loose, looking to do damage and not giving a fuck. When these playoffs started I said we don’t need any heros just the Sox playing the game like they normally do. But it’s the World Series now, we’re so close, and I’ll gladly take all the hero’s we can muster. Go Red Sox!!
    Pretty good synopsis of game 1. I especially liked the 1st inning when Sale needed over 20 pitches, but got the Dodgers swinging at his pitches, not their preferred ones. Then Mookie's leadoff single, a hard shot up the middle, was to me galvanizing, especially after he stole 2b and scored on Beni's single.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Re-read last night's thread. Poo mojo.
    Ah. Thanks.

I don't have time to read that many pages of game thread.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    Better, worse...not sure I can make much of a comment on that. The Dodgers are more flawed in the way that MLB is pushing this game and in the result of the NL insisting on continuing to assign a spot in the batting order for the Pitcher. MLB needs to wake up on a number of scores and the NL needs to stop this Pitcher bats nonsense. It is high time for that to be over especially given the direction MLB is going.

Somewhere along the way the NL owners (MLB owners have never been the sharpest tools in the shed) simply lost track of where rules and issues like the baseball itself, now a rocket ship, were effecting the game and how far out of step that was to keeping a spot in the batting order for a Pitcher.

The Dodgers are a product of trying to absorb both where MLB wants to go and where the NL is with its continued support of the Pitcher having a spot in the order. The Boston Red Sox are the antithesis of MLB's stupid insistence on trying to take this game somewhere it should not go and of course the Red Sox don't have to deal with the nutty, Pitcher still bats nonsense.
    Sorry, but I'm fine with the NL rule and in fact still think it's a little weird to have a DH.

If you truly, truly believe in letting the good hitters hit, why not allow more than 1 DH? Don't you think we could use one for the catcher? In other words, if one DH is a great idea, two DH's is even better.

And how about free substitutions so guys can come back into the game? Wouldn't that be neat?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Betts RF,
    Benintendi LF,
    Pearce 1B,
    Martinez DH,
    Bogaerts SS,
    Devers 3B,
    Kinsler 2B,
    Bradley Jr. CF,
    Vázquez C,

Price LHP
    Probably right although I think Cora will keep hitting JBJ 9th.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Sorry, but I'm fine with the NL rule and in fact still think it's a little weird to have a DH.

If you truly, truly believe in letting the good hitters hit, why not allow more than 1 DH? Don't you think we could use one for the catcher? In other words, if one DH is a great idea, two DH's is even better.

And how about free substitutions so guys can come back into the game? Wouldn't that be neat?
    Don't be giving the rules committee any ideas, Max.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully