Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/24 World Series game 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Happy Birthday Tyler!

I hope the Sox give you (and the rest of us) a nice win!
    Thanks Kimmi!! Here's hoping!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    I was supposed to work 12-10 today.. I took off the 5-10 part for this game. And I’m ordering some spicy food for taking a dump mojo
    Any chance that you can just watch the entire game from the can?
    I think that we would all prefer a Red Sox blow out.. know what I mean???
    Would you consider it at least?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Probably right although I think Cora will keep hitting JBJ 9th.
    He did move JBJ up in one playoff game, I believe.

Major Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    He did move JBJ up in one playoff game, I believe.
    I think he was there the first two games, back to 8th today.

Major Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwell View Post
    I think he was there the first two games, back to 8th today.
    I'm wrong, it wasn't the first 2 games, but he has done it a couple times.

Quote Originally Posted by YastrzemskI View Post
    Any chance that you can just watch the entire game from the can?
    I think that we would all prefer a Red Sox blow out.. know what I mean???
    Would you consider it at least?
    Very difficult. Takes a trained shit master to do it. My max on the toilet is a half hour and my feet were dead asleep and I could barely get off the toilet. Damn Mexican food

My longest was about 30 minutes as well, drunk at 3 am dealing with aftermath of taco bell after a college party. If it gets the Sox a win though, I will try shitting all game though if it guarantees a win!

Quote Originally Posted by YastrzemskI View Post
    I'm listening to LA Sports talk radio and they are basically saying that the Dodgers beat themselves last night.. and that the Red Sox are good, but they are human and can be beat! LMAO!
    Can't argue too much with that. Everyone is human and can be beat. But the Sox are the best team. And they have been all year.

My longest was about 30 minutes as well, drunk at 3 am dealing with aftermath of taco bell after a college party. If it gets the Sox a win though, I will try shitting all game though if it guarantees a win!
    Just when you thought the game thread couldn't get any crazier...............................

May god be with you brother!

Official lineup
    1. Mookie Betts, RF
    2. Andrew Benintendi, LF
    3. Steve Pearce, 1B
    4. J.D. Martinez, DH
    5. Xander Bogaerts, SS
    6. Rafael Devers, 3B
    7. Ian Kinsler, 2B
    8. Jackie Bradley Jr., CF
    9. Christian Vazquez, C

One word dude.. DEDICATION!

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Sorry, but I'm fine with the NL rule and in fact still think it's a little weird to have a DH.

If you truly, truly believe in letting the good hitters hit, why not allow more than 1 DH? Don't you think we could use one for the catcher? In other words, if one DH is a great idea, two DH's is even better.

And how about free substitutions so guys can come back into the game? Wouldn't that be neat?
    Nope would not allow multiple DH's as that would truly destroy the multi-dimensionality of the game. Would not allow free substitutions either. Baseball is not basketball nor is it football.

Myself I would not have allowed the DH. But I understood it. Pitchers don't hit for shit. They really never did spend enough time with a bat in their hands even when both leagues had a spot in the order for the Pitcher. It is and was an artifact from a bygone era when Pitchers did actually spend at least bare adequate time with a bat in their hands. But now that the DH is here, given every other BS rules change MLB has brought into being and MLB's obvious support of the Overload as a means to force this whole "launch angle" nonsense plus the juiced baseball, keeping a spot for the Pitcher in the Batting Order has had the exact opposite effect on NL play. It does not result in a purer version of the game. Take away the juiced baseball and stupid rule changes and deal with the Overload properly and then maybe there is a shot at the NL version being a purer version of the game. But I seriously doubt that will happen.

As for the pendulum swinging back via slap hitting baseball which has been mentioned in various discussions on the topic. Forget it, not going to happen. We already had our slap hitting era and IT was uglier than this era! The powers that be in baseball have no interest in going that way nor creating an environment that would allow it to go that way and well they should not. Heck the slap hitting era was created by accident as opposed to by intent which we are dealing with in this power fixation. In reality, other than the DH, everything else they have done and not done (not dealing with the Overload for example) has been pure garbage.

Fans are losing touch with the actual elements of this game that make it a beautiful game. Too many have no idea what a good fielding play actually entails or even what a good fielder fielding the baseball looks like. Don't know what the hitter is actually trying to accomplish. What his actual responsibilities are and the entire enterprise is being boiled down to success measured in HR's or K's. Fans are expecting games to be like glorified Fantasy League events because that is what MLB is teaching them to expect. The worst of it is now found in the NL where the pitchers spot in the order has resulted in even more fence bashing as a means to generate runs before .....you get to the pitchers spot!

The only teams left that play anything like actual baseball at this point are AL teams. But IMO, even the AL is just living on a reprieve. The Red Sox and the Astros are the best examples. When it comes right down to it, baseball is at a crossroads. Have to give up something and if the NL has a brain in its head, it will give up the pitcher's spot in the order and the double switch. Ask me to value some wizened old man double switching vs the beauty of the multi-dementional everyday ballplayer and its not even close for me. Never mind the utter stupidity of 4 WS games played one way and 3 another. You want to make changes that would make baseball similar to basketball...the NBA would laugh you off the planet if you suggested a model that forced two different types of play on their Championship.

This is finally the first year when I am seeing multiple voices in baseball starting to put up red flags and Manfred has even made comments about having to consider dealing with the Overload. The games being too long is one thing. But, if MLB expects fans to find "excitement" in nothing but HR's and K's and weak pop ups and overgrown lumbering infielders that live off positioning instead of agility spread over 4 hours, think again. The Overload, the rules changes, the juiced baseball and MLB's seemingly intractable notion that its future is in turning baseball into a one dimensional power game is killing this game.

The commissioner can not enforce a change to the DH on the NL though. The NL owners have to make that decision on their own.
    Last edited by jung; 10-24-2018 at 06:20 PM.

A700Hitter at the game mojo in effect.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    Hoping price is more relax and makes his pitches.