Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 139 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/26 World Series game 3

Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    Buehler's splits are nearly identical v righties or lefties. I would start Pierce because Moreland can no longer catch up with a fastball.
    I think that this game will be our only loss in the series. The Dodgers will be desperate. They hit a lot of HRs and Porcello surrenders a lot of them. I have said Sox in five from the beginning and I am sticking to it. Plan on partying on Sunday.
    Pearce has done pretty well ve RHPs, but Moreland is still probably a better hitter vs righties. He's looked okay in the post season (in limited duty).

In Cora I trust.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Pearce has done pretty well ve RHPs, but Moreland is still probably a better hitter vs righties. He's looked okay in the post season (in limited duty).

In Cora I trust.
    Pearce has an OPS v RHP of .828 this year; Moreland is at .780-but much of his success at the plate occurred before the ASB. After that his OPS (since July 1) is .597. Thats just not going to cut it. Furthermore, Moreland's ABs don't pass the sniff test lately. He has had a few hits in the playoffs but at times he has looked lost up there, without any plate discipline and unable to catch up to a good fastball.
    Play Pearce. Moreland can play as a defensive replacement late in the game.
    Last edited by FredLynn; 10-26-2018 at 11:57 AM.

The story of Mookie Betts feeding the homeless at 1 AM is so awesome. I haven’t met the guy personally but Mookie seems like such an actually genuinely good person. I am going to be pissed if I ever see him in another uniform. He’s great on and off the field

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    The story of Mookie Betts feeding the homeless at 1 AM is so awesome. I haven’t met the guy personally but Mookie seems like such an actually genuinely good person. I am going to be pissed if I ever see him in another uniform. He’s great on and off the field
    You can't help wonder how a guy with so much personality can be such a great hitter and athlete too, but he doesn't sacrifice the one for the other.

Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    Pearce has an OPS v RHP of .828 this year; Moreland is at .780-but much of his success at the plate occurred before the ASB. After that his OPS (since July 1) is .597. Thats just not going to cut it. Furthermore, Moreland's ABs don't pass the sniff test lately. He has had a few hits in the playoffs but at times he has looked lost up there, without any plate discipline and unable to catch up to a good fastball.
    Play Pearce. Moreland can play as a defensive replacement late in the game.
    Pearce is having a career year vs righties. He has a much longer history of struggling against them. I have no issues with Pearce hitting vs righties at this moment in time. The guy has been great for us, no matter what we ask him to do.

It's no secret I'm not a huge Moreland fan, but we got the guy to hit vs RHPs and play great 1B defense. I'm noit going to criticize Cora for doing what has worked all year. besides, Moreland has gotten on base 6 times in 13 PAs during the playoffs.

I know it's a small sample size, and Pearce's number look great, too, but I think Cora knows what he's doing here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    Felger, Mazz, Treni and Tanguay will probably rip him for being out so late the day before a World Series game.

Big Dik gonna get etched tonight.
    Station mojo.
    WIN.
    Manny has a game in Perth Amboy tonight so i wont even be home until ~10pm to start watching.
    Hope to catch up before the game ends to join you guys on here.

i think a couple of you are heading to tonights game - enjoy!!!
    other names i have posted under: none

Actually, I would have POR batting 8th and Leon batting 9th.

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    Actually, I would have POR batting 8th and Leon batting 9th.
    Ya I would tend to agree with this. Porcello can swing that bat pretty decent actually. Was fun watching him last night get on base!

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Porcello is going deep.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Thanks to the NL rules, we get our best hitter in the lineup, at least in terms of RBI per PA. Win. Advance. Repeat. x7
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Deity
    So lineups not out yet. But JD getting LF. JBJ in Center and Mookie in RF. I suspect, the LH Dodgers lineup v Porcello is driving this decision. Beni likely enters later if we have a lead. Holt gets 2nd and I am assuming Devers gets 3rd.

Betts RF
    Bogaerts SS
    Moreland 1B
    Martinez LF
    Holt 2B
    Devers 3B
    Bradley Jr. CF
    Vázquez C
    Porcello P

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Betts RF
    Bogaerts SS
    Moreland 1B
    Martinez LF
    Holt 2B
    Devers 3B
    Bradley Jr. CF
    Vázquez C
    Porcello P
    Interesting that Cora is stacking three LH hitters 5 though 7 in the order.

We are likely wearing our blue jerseys tonight. I wonder what our record in those are?