Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 139 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/26 World Series game 3

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by ilredsoxfan View Post
    looking forward to a W tonight but I don't think it will be easy. While the weather will be welcomed by both teams, the Dodgers might like it a tad better. And of course, it is their return to home and it is crucial for them to win. If they don't, it is all but over. But, you never know how the ball will bounce.
    So my daughter and I flew out to Boston Wednesday morning for game two. First playoff game for us. Headed over to the Boston chowder company for bread bowl clam chowder. Damn, that stuff is good. While I have been to many games in Boston, this was so different. Entering through the Jersey street turnstiles in the dark was something new. Just an electric atmosphere. Obviously the game was great with enough drama but not too much. Great seat mates. Just finished watching a replay of the game. I have to say I remember just about every at bat for both teams. I guess we were really paying attention! We headed back to Logan at 1:00a and hung out until our 6:40a flight back to O'Hare. There were a few other folks in terminal three doing the same thing. There were just no hotel rooms to be had for less than $1,500 so we passed on that luxury.

Great memories for us and especially for my daughter after I am long gone.
    That's awesome

Glad you got to have that experience.

I think the W will be VERY tough tonight. The dodgers simply have to win. Our team continues to surprise, though.

JBJ has been hitting the ball hard, even though most have been for outs, recently.

My guess is Beni and JBJ were going to sit one game out of the next 3, with Betts at 2B for the other.

This was Beni's turn. Maybe the pitcher going tonight is the kind Cora felt JBJ would be better at hitting.

I trust Cora totally on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    JBJ has been hitting the ball hard, even though most have been for outs, recently.

My guess is Beni and JBJ were going to sit one game out of the next 3, with Betts at 2B for the other.

This was Beni's turn. Maybe the pitcher going tonight is the kind Cora felt JBJ would be better at hitting.

I trust Cora totally on this one.
    It makes perfect sense to have JD in left, with Porcello on the mound and the Dodgers loaded up with lefty hitters.

This way you have JBJ and Mook in their natural positions and it makes for the best outfield configuration.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    It makes perfect sense to have JD in left, with Porcello on the mound and the Dodgers loaded up with lefty hitters.

This way you have JBJ and Mook in their natural positions and it makes for the best outfield configuration.
    The Dodgers are the "play everybody out of position" BS team. Not the Red Sox.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post

I get that, but why start Moreland, whose OPS (as I have written elsewhere here) since July 1 is under .600? Pearce v RHP this year is .828. I think thats a mistake. Even Cora makes mistakes.

I hope it's good porcello tonight and not long ball porcello

Let’s get it boys and girls.

Porcello needs to avoid the porcellos.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    Let’s go!!!! Getting an early lead would be huge

Porcello batting last. That’s our home run right there.

Far more concerned that the correct Porcello shows up , than any lineup modifications. Hoping the Red Sox timely , 2 out hitting remains and they get the lead again. I can see Rick P. on a short leash , so that a shift to a LH (Rodriguez or even Sale for an inning) could stop a rally or burn Robert's bench as he is prone to do.

I do wonder about Moreland hittin #3 instead of say, Devers

How are people wearing jackets with how warm it is there.

Well, they making Buehler throw a lot of pitches, so there is that

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    How are people wearing jackets with how warm it is there.
    LA wimps.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."