Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/27 World Series Game 4

10/27 World Series Game 4

Neither team has officially announced a Game 4 starter, but early speculation is that it will be Eduardo Rodriguez for the Sox and Rich Hill for the Dodgers.

Just starting this thread now to try and move forward with the next game and stench and memories of that last horrendous game off my mind and to move forward.

This Red Sox team has overcome a lot this year, whether it be injuries, drama, bad losses, etc, they always seem to bounce back. This will be a tough game to win and I'm sure Dodgers will be favored, but that is also what they said about ALCS game 5 with David Price. Sox are still up in this series 2-1, and still have home field advantage in this series.

Lets win this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    Neither team has officially announced a Game 4 starter, but early speculation is that it will be Eduardo Rodriguez for the Sox and Rich Hill for the Dodgers.

Just starting this thread now to try and move forward with the next game and stench and memories of that last horrendous game off my mind and to move forward.

This Red Sox team has overcome a lot this year, whether it be injuries, drama, bad losses, etc, they always seem to bounce back. This will be a tough game to win and I'm sure Dodgers will be favored, but that is also what they said about ALCS game 5 with David Price. Sox are still up in this series 2-1, and still have home field advantage in this series.

Lets win this shit.
    Great E-Rod is not a comfortable feeling to start. He was good for a good stretch of the year but hasn’t been since. I’m still not over last night but the chances we had to win that game and we didn’t. It took me a nice a while before I can fall asleep after that.

To me that’s the worst game they played in the playoffs maybe even the season. Some people think that that was a great game I thought it was a terrible game. We couldn’t hit ourselves out of a paper bag and neither could they. Hopefully Rodriguez can do something tonight in our lineup especially can get some hits and some runs early if not it’s going to be tied.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    As frustrated, stressed, angry, and sad as that game left me, an 18-inning World Series game is an instant classic and an awesome game from the perspective of my baseball fandom rather than my Red Sox fandom. A lead and then a tie in extra innings, a walk-off home run, a gutsy and honestly incredible 100-pitch, 6-inning performance by a starter out of the bullpen who would probably have gotten the most incredible win in World Series history had his team been able to push across just one more run, a memorable defensive error that allowed the tying run to score...I mentioned Game 7 of the 91 series before, and that's what this will look like 10-15 years down the road. It sucks they lost, and I hate it, but I'm not going to lie and say that it wasn't a good game.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    As frustrated, stressed, angry, and sad as that game left me, an 18-inning World Series game is an instant classic and an awesome game from the perspective of my baseball fandom rather than my Red Sox fandom. A lead and then a tie in extra innings, a walk-off home run, a gutsy and honestly incredible 100-pitch, 6-inning performance by a starter out of the bullpen who would probably have gotten the most incredible win in World Series history had his team been able to push across just one more run, a memorable defensive error that allowed the tying run to score...I mentioned Game 7 of the 91 series before, and that's what this will look like 10-15 years down the road. It sucks they lost, and I hate it, but I'm not going to lie and say that it wasn't a good game.
    You are setting yourself up to be an anomaly. Check the 2017 v 2018 TV ratings for World Series if you don't think so. They are majorly down game by game at game start at game end, at game middle....you name it. That is even with the obvious big baseball market, Boston v LA matchup.

The only thing good about last night/this mornings game was the performance by the entire Red Sox pitching staff. Both teams offenses displayed exactly what is wrong with the way the game is approached now. And all the matchup changes, stepping out, etc. It was not fun to watch. As devoted fans of course we will stay up until 3:30am, but don't pretend it was great baseball. It was 70% absolute garbage.

The 1st 4 batters who started last night's game for the SOX were a combined 0-23.

I feel like I would've enjoyed the game more if we had won. I personally went to bed last night extremely frustrated. I invested about 8 hours into that game to watch a loss that was mostly due to self inflicted mistakes. Bad hitting, bad base running, and of course the bad fielding. I will say though, we need to give credit to the Sox pitchers. David Price gave us a few outs on 1 day rest, Eovaldi and Porcello were fantastic, and the other relievers from Hembree to Kimbrel all had shutdown innings. Hopefully the offense shows up tonight, we need it.. and I would strongly consider Mookie at 2B tonight.

And in terms of ratings, even with the big markets of LA and Boston, there is a lot of competition during the weekends. I doubt the MLB does very well competing with College Football and a big NBA slate featuring Lebron James tonight, and I'm sure they'll struggle even more competing with Saints/Vikings game tomorrow.

Deity
    OK its as expected, Erod starting. If we can stretch Erod out to 5 (that is a stretch for ERod under this pressure) we can get through this game with a shot to win it with the pen pieces we have.

Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    OK its as expected, Erod starting. If we can stretch Erod out to 5 (that is a stretch for ERod under this pressure) we can get through this game with a shot to win it with the pen pieces we have.
    If we could get 4-5 good innings from E-Rod Id be thrilled. I wonder who is available out of the pen tonight among starting pitchers..

Erod officially announced as the starter.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    If we could get 4-5 good innings from E-Rod Id be thrilled. I wonder who is available out of the pen tonight among starting pitchers..
    Based in Erod's recent experiences, he is in something of a spot. He has to find an emotional state somewhere between his tendency to just sort of go along on cruise control, get his 4.1 innings and call it a day and getting so out of his skin that he simply becomes a puddle on the mound. I have no idea who of the actual starters with actual starting responsibilities (now all of them) can give us anything tonight out of the pen.

Be interested to see what Robert's line up looks like against a LH pitcher again. Be interested to see what our walking wounded lineup looks like.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Kinsler starting again at 2nd base. I'm guessing Beni will be odd man out again tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Kinsler starting again at 2nd base. I'm guessing Beni will be odd man out again tonight.
    I'd be shocked if benny isn't starting tonight. Just because of the lengtht of last night's game he will be fresh.

Legend
    For me, if E-Rod is attacking Zone, he is on. If he's nibbling, get the BP ready, and probably Pomeranz. Need length.