Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 77 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/28 World Series Game 5

The more I have thought about Price Starting tonight, the more it makes sense to me. This assumes that there is nothing wrong with Price. Obviously if there is a possible problem with price, then it is a no brainier.

If Price pitches a gem and is the game five winner or even a no decision he could wind up being the MVP. That would be the final nail in the coffin of his post season curse. That would bode well for his performance in future post seasons. And if Sale is healthy and we lose tonight, he just might be a better bet to start a game six back at Fenway. Also, if we were to be losing significantly tonight and there is some question about Sale, you could bring him in for a couple of batters to see if his issue surfaces.

I know that Kershaw will be in his element tonight. Can he be actually tougher than Buehler or Hill were the last two games? And will Dave Roberts make another pitching change blunder?

Legend
    Hope everyone enjoyed the baseball season. After today there will be no more games.

Just guessing here along with everyone else, but I think maybe Price is getting the ball because Cora figures he has a better chance of getting deeper into the game. And the bullpen is taxed to say the least, especially with E-Rod out of the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    Hope everyone enjoyed the baseball season. After today there will be no more games.
    No need for that.

Legend
    Warm weather, Pitchers Park, NL rules. Like the Price decision. Lefties hitting .210 against him this year.

Sale should not be available today. You do not mess with a possible game six starter.. not a chance.

I hope to God that we blow them out tonight so that Machado can take his medicine.. and by taking his medicine.. I mean a 101 mph fastball to the ribs.

Quote Originally Posted by YastrzemskI View Post
    Sale should not be available today. You do not mess with a possible game six starter.. not a chance.

I hope to God that we blow them out tonight so that Machado can take his medicine.. and by taking his medicine.. I mean a 101 mph fastball to the ribs.

Nah. The best way is to slide spikes first one of those times he’s blocking second base on a throw. He gets away with it now because everyone slides headfirst. Go in spikes first and rip the hell out of his shin.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post

Nah. The best way is to slide spikes first one of those times he’s blocking second base on a throw. He gets away with it now because everyone slides headfirst. Go in spikes first and rip the hell out of his shin.
    He needs the Ty Cobb treatment at 2nd and a few broken ribs at the plate. He’s an embarrassment to MLB.

Quote Originally Posted by ilredsoxfan View Post
    I know that Kershaw will be in his element tonight. Can he be actually tougher than Buehler or Hill were the last two games? And will Dave Roberts make another pitching change blunder?
    I’m starting to think Roberts’ real blunder is trying to face this Red Sox team to begin with in this WS. Doesn’t seem to matter how vaunted any team’s BP has been thought to be in this post season or damn near all year long.

Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post

If this happens the reaction will be a lot like when Ryan Dempster drilled ARod. There will be a lot of tsk, tsk-ing, head shaking, and saying that it shouldn't have happened, but deep inside everyone will know that Machado had it coming to him.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

I’d rather not be involved in this type of shit in the World Series. Fuck Machado, I’m sure he’ll get his in regular season, but don’t take away from what this team is doing to give Machado any kind of headlines.

Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    Warm weather, Pitchers Park, NL rules. Like the Price decision. Lefties hitting .210 against him this year.
    Price has had a hard time with tingling in his fingers in the cold weather. Maybe Price told Cora that he had some issues with tingling in game 2.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

All-Star
    Am amazed that Price is going over Sale. Price has had 3 days rest plus this relief work. Sale has had 4 days and it's his turn. Gotta think we get about 5 inning or 85 pitches out of Price and once again an inning a piece from any arm still standing. NO NO Sale tonight. He's gotta be there to shut LA down in Boston.

If we should win this game tonight without any special individual heroics, my MVP is Nathan Eovaldi.

Deity
    If you want to have some fun, Chris Russo's High Heat show on MLB Network has a WS Sunday edition that just started (3:00 ET). The top of Russo's head just came off. He is so mad at Roberts for his managing. He is screaming his lungs out, even beyond Russo standard. He is not claiming it as a Red Sox thing. He has been picking the Sox from the start. Russo just wants to see more WS and he thinks Roberts is cheating him out of it. "I don't want to go back to Connecticut. I WANT TO GO TO BOSTON."

The production crew tried to break him for commercial and he would have none of it. Just went on screaming. The whole show might be just like this.

Don't give the Dodgers any opportunity to get pumped up over a brawl after plunking Machado. Just get him next year.

Price and Sale both do better in warm weather, so I trust Cora on his choices.