Register now to remove this ad

Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2767757677
Results 1,141 to 1,148 of 1148

Thread: 10/28 World Series Game 5

Quote Originally Posted by BillyWilliams View Post
    Meanwhile, back in reality, the Yanks outdrew the sox both at home and on the road.......
    You do realize that the seating capacity is MUCH higher in Yankee stadium right?

Quote Originally Posted by Behindenemylines View Post
    My favorite holiday of the year is Yankee Elimination Day - it came a little bit early this year. Which always makes it nicer!
    I agree. It seems like if Patriot's Day is a State Holiday then Yankee Elimination Day should be too. Everyone should get the day of, with pay. Just because.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

My favorite holiday of the year is Yankee Elimination Day - it came a little bit early this year. Which always makes it nicer!
    IMO, the worse kind of baseball season would be one in which the Red Sox are eliminated by the Yankees, who then go on to win the World Series. The sooner the Yankees are eliminated, the better. While it was sweet eliminating them in the ALDS, I would not be a single bit opposed to the Yankees being eliminated in September.

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    I agree. It seems like if Patriot's Day is a State Holiday then Yankee Elimination Day should be too. Everyone should get the day of, with pay. Just because.
    100% in on this!

It also coincided with us celebrating on their infield and turning the visitor clubhouse into a murder room. So awesome.
    Best. Season. Ever.
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Yep. Hal still can't figure out why those babies don't sell out every game at $2,500 a pop.

They're a hilarious sight on TV, aren't they?
    To be fair , many of these expensive seats are sold to corporations. They are then often given to executives and clients . Many times they are unused. I guess these corporations are able to write these off as business expenses on their taxes. But the Yankees are getting paid for them. I do agree that it looks bad on television.

I was there, it was incredible...sorry I haven't checked in, What a year...119, Go Sox!!

Quote Originally Posted by dannycater View Post
    I was there, it was incredible...sorry I haven't checked in, What a year...119, Go Sox!!
    Jealous!!! What an amazing special year this team has provided for the fans! It’s been amazing! 04,07 and 2013 were something special. This year just adds to the legacy that is the Boston Red Sox!!!