Register now to remove this ad

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: I'm back (?)

  1. #1
    The Lemon Drop Kid Northern Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,760

    I'm back (?)

    What'd I miss?

    Been struggling with some problems and have no way of watching the games or adequately following the team, so between that and forgetting most of the stuff I ever learned about baseball, I've had no desire to post about baseball here and prove myself a know-nothing moron, and there hasn't been much point to just posting non-baseball stuff.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    don't put up no brick

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  2. #2
    El Niño Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    H-Town, CT
    Posts
    11,336
    I feel. Good time to come back though.
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  3. #3
    Resident Old Fart Spudboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    24,363
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    What'd I miss?

    Been struggling with some problems and have no way of watching the games or adequately following the team, so between that and forgetting most of the stuff I ever learned about baseball, I've had no desire to post about baseball here and prove myself a know-nothing moron, and there hasn't been much point to just posting non-baseball stuff.
    You are a part of the Talksox community. Welcome back.

    I hope things get much better for you soon.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  4. #4
    King of TalkSox a700hitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    63,081
    I hope that this team has brightened your situation a little.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  5. #5
    King of TalkSox a700hitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    63,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    What'd I miss?

    Been struggling with some problems and have no way of watching the games or adequately following the team, so between that and forgetting most of the stuff I ever learned about baseball, I've had no desire to post about baseball here and prove myself a know-nothing moron, and there hasn't been much point to just posting non-baseball stuff.
    You fit right in with the rest of us.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  6. #6
    Deity Kimmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    20,286
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    What'd I miss?

    Been struggling with some problems and have no way of watching the games or adequately following the team, so between that and forgetting most of the stuff I ever learned about baseball, I've had no desire to post about baseball here and prove myself a know-nothing moron, and there hasn't been much point to just posting non-baseball stuff.
    Welcome back stranger! Good to see you!

    The rest of us prove ourselves to be know-nothing morons every day.

    Why should you be any different?

  7. #7
    The Lemon Drop Kid Northern Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,760
    Nah, you guys deserve this win more than me, living and dying with the team everyday, watching or listening to the games.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    don't put up no brick

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •