Register now to remove this ad

Page 150 of 150 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150
Results 2,236 to 2,243 of 2243

Thread: And the off season begins (2018-19)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
    If Machado is available at 7 years for $25 a year, I'd grab him and trade Bogaerts in a heartbeat. Although I'm positive the price for Machado is going to get much higher.

But hypothetically what would a one year of Bogaerts be worth in a trade?

If Machado is available at 7 years for $25 a year, I'd grab him and trade Bogaerts in a heartbeat. Although I'm positive the price for Machado is going to get much higher.
    I honestly don't know if the price is going to get that much higher. It's January 16. If there was going to be a bidding war it would have taken place by now. There's something a little odd going on here. It could be that Manny really did himself in with his behaviors.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    But hypothetically what would a one year of Bogaerts be worth in a trade?
    Tough to answer, but I imagine restocking the farm a little and bringing back a good reliever would certainly not be out of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I honestly don't know if the price is going to get that much higher. It's January 16. If there was going to be a bidding war it would have taken place by now. There's something a little odd going on here. It could be that Manny really did himself in with his behaviors.
    Maybe. I just can't believe a guy of his talent will go that cheap and for only 7 years.

I completely understand that people are worried about his attitude on times and let's be honest he seems a right prick, but his team mates always seem to like him and even if you did get fed up of his ways, with that contract, you could probably easily move him after a few years if he continues to be such a force offensively and defensively.

I'd far prefer Manny for $25m over Bogey for what? $20m? Although Bogey would maybe get lesser years.

Tough to answer, but I imagine restocking the farm a little and bringing back a good reliever would certainly not be out of the question.

Maybe. I just can't believe a guy of his talent will go that cheap and for only 7 years.

I completely understand that people are worried about his attitude on times and let's be honest he seems a right prick, but his team mates always seem to like him and even if you did get fed up of his ways, with that contract, you could probably easily move him after a few years if he continues to be such a force offensively and defensively.

I'd far prefer Manny for $25m over Bogey for what? $20m? Although Bogey would maybe get lesser years.
    Manny's agent says the report about the $175 mill offer is bogus. It might be turning into a circus.

It wouldn't surprise me. I know the market is weirdly depressed right now, but that's crazy low.

As far as Manny vs. Bogaerts - Manny may be the bigger talent, but I think I'd rather have Xander. Some of that's homerism, no doubt, but the guy's been with us since 2013, played on 2 championship teams, really hit the ball well this year.

I think if we put Manny on this team in place of Bogey we win 109 games this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    As far as Manny vs. Bogaerts - Manny may be the bigger talent, but I think I'd rather have Xander. Some of that's homerism, no doubt, but the guy's been with us since 2013, played on 2 championship teams, really hit the ball well this year.

Also, signing Machado for 7 years might mean Betts is gone in two...