Register now to remove this ad

Page 161 of 161 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161
Results 2,401 to 2,405 of 2405

Thread: And the off season begins (2018-19)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Only problem I see is me thinks Buch wants to pitch and not sure if he would see an opportunity with the Sox.
    Yes, he can probably get a guaranteed starting job with some team.

Also, I'm not sure he would want to come back, even if he had a good opportunity with the Sox. He may have some hard feelings after being traded, though I have not read anything to that extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Yes, he can probably get a guaranteed starting job with some team.

Also, I'm not sure he would want to come back, even if he had a good opportunity with the Sox. He may have some hard feelings after being traded, though I have not read anything to that extent.
    I doubt that matter much. The money is a non-issue, but the chance to play is not. There are places I imagine with more vacancies and in more advantageous places (like Pomeranz going to a pitcher friendly place like SF).

Quote Originally Posted by sk7326 View Post
    I doubt that matter much. The money is a non-issue, but the chance to play is not. There are places I imagine with more vacancies and in more advantageous places (like Pomeranz going to a pitcher friendly place like SF).
    I really don't disagree with any of this.

Quote Originally Posted by sk7326 View Post
    Agreed.

With that said. I still hope Poms finds success down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Agreed.

With that said. I still hope Poms finds success down the road.
    I do too - it is a good gamble for SF. Pom is moving into a much more favorable pitching park - especially if you give up fly balls.