Register now to remove this ad

Page 148 of 161 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2405

Thread: And the off season begins (2018-19)

  1. #2206
    Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    Unlike Tim Beckham and Dustin Ackley, Trey Ball is unlikely to post 3 fWAR in a single season.
    True dat!

  2. #2207
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ...and some still can't get over Trey Ball with the 7th pick.
    Donít first round high school arms have a huge flame out percentage?

  3. #2208
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Donít first round high school arms have a huge flame out percentage?
    Higher than college, yes. Still, all teams take the risk at some point.

  4. #2209
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Higher than college, yes. Still, all teams take the risk at some point.
    I had no problem with the Sox taking a gamble on ball. I have watched ball pitch live several times and in my opinion, when he has command and control, he has Major league caliber stuff.

    Unfortunately command and control only shows up for him once every 15 times he takes the mound.

  5. #2210
    I am interested in watching our non-roster invitees in spring training. I am particularly interested in Chatam who at 6'4" and 185 pounds might fill a need for us should we lose either Pedey or heaven forbid Bogey. He is 24 years old and is a good defender with decent hit discipline but lacks power. Kind of skinny. He's an alternative to trading for a guy like Kinsler.

  6. #2211
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    I am interested in watching our non-roster invitees in spring training. I am particularly interested in Chatam who at 6'4" and 185 pounds might fill a need for us should we lose either Pedey or heaven forbid Bogey. He is 24 years old and is a good defender with decent hit discipline but lacks power. Kind of skinny. He's an alternative to trading for a guy like Kinsler.

    I think Chatham is the most likely Sox minor league position player to wind up starting for the Sox in 2020...

  7. #2212
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I think Chatham is the most likely Sox minor league position player to wind up starting for the Sox in 2020...
    Only because it will be very difficult to keep Bogey, and there is only Lin in our current system to compete with Chatham for the 2020 SS job.

    I'd say, once we trade Chavis or Dalbec, the other one might have slightly better odds at winning the 1B job by 2020.

  8. #2213
    A little less than a month until truck day???

    Bullpen still looks weak.

    Is desperate Dave trying to repeat or build a ready are excuse for failure?

  9. #2214
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post

    Is desperate Dave trying to repeat or build a ready are excuse for failure?
    Huh?

  10. #2215
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    A little less than a month until truck day???

    Bullpen still looks weak.

    Is desperate Dave trying to repeat or build a ready are excuse for failure?
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Huh?
    One thing's for sure, Larry's post was a failure.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

  11. #2216
    Larry just throws crap out there to see what kinds of responses that he might get. Rarely does he respond to anyone who might question what he says or suggests. I suppose anyone posting is better than no one posting.

  12. #2217
    Kind of a boring Hot Stove League so far . We need a major surprise or two to stoke the fire a bit and create some excitement.

  13. #2218
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Kind of a boring Hot Stove League so far . We need a major surprise or two to stoke the fire a bit and create some excitement.

    But the Sox just signed Daniel Schlereth!! That doesn’t make your belly button pucker and unpucker?

  14. #2219
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    But the Sox just signed Daniel Schlereth!! That doesn’t make your belly button pucker and unpucker?
    Can never have too much minor league pitching depth ( aka ham and eggers ) .

  15. #2220
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Kind of a boring Hot Stove League so far . We need a major surprise or two to stoke the fire a bit and create some excitement.
    Not sure I want any unpleasant surprises.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •