Register now to remove this ad

Page 439 of 509 FirstFirst ... 339389429437438439440441449489 ... LastLast
Results 6,571 to 6,585 of 7627

Thread: A Realistic View at 2019: Part I

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    If the Sox keep the current alignment in the rotation, the Sox will throw Price-ERod-Porcello-5 spot in the 4 gamer in London.

The Yanks would counter with Happ-German-Sabathia-Tanaka

Paxton would be back by then, but if he takes over the open spot in the rotation he’ll pitch vs SD and probably won’t even make the trip to London
    Unless I am mistaken, it is only two games in London , not four .

Boston Red Sox utility infielder Marco Hernandez went 4-for-5 with a homer in Triple-A Pawtucket’s 11-8 win over Scranton Wilkes-Barre on Tuesday.

Hernandez hasn’t played in a major league game since May 3, 2017. He has undergone three shoulder procedures since then. He still needs to get more work in at Pawtucket but getting close to being a major league depth option.

Here you go Moon. Don't give up on him yet.

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Unless I am mistaken, it is only two games in London , not four .
    My bad, London is later. This is a 4 game set in the Bronx
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Boston Red Sox utility infielder Marco Hernandez went 4-for-5 with a homer in Triple-A Pawtucket’s 11-8 win over Scranton Wilkes-Barre on Tuesday.

Hernandez hasn’t played in a major league game since May 3, 2017. He has undergone three shoulder procedures since then. He still needs to get more work in at Pawtucket but getting close to being a major league depth option.

Here you go Moon. Don't give up on him yet.
    I had Travis Shaw as my dark horse prospect many years ago. I gave up on him.

Maybe giving up on DHern will turn him into a good player.

(Knock on wood.)
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Eduardo Rodriguez now has an ERA of 5.43

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    24 men left on base!

That must have shattered the record. You have to try hard to do this.
    Bases loaded with no outs, and the Sox can't even push across one run with Mookie, Moreland, and Bogaerts coming up.

That about did me in.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    It's going to be a long climb back since they dug quite a hole for themselves in April. There was no way they'd be in 1st place by June. Sox are playing much better so fans need to be a little more patient at this point.
    ^^Wise man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    First of all, very sorry about your dog.
    Thanks.

My dog was abandoned in a vacant house for days before I adopted him. The vet said he thought he was going to die.

When I got him, his ribs were plainly visible. He survived cancer (7 years ago).

He's been a real good dog his whole life. He's a big dog- half shepherd (body size & shape) and half yellow lab (color).

He is a couple months short of his 19th birthday. The Vets says he's a true miracle dog. He's been nearly blind and deaf for over 3-4 years. He has had severe arthritis for year but still looked forward to his daily walk until a couple weeks ago. We've had to help him up and out to the back yard and he started falling down more often. Yesterday, he couldn't even stand up. I had to spoon feed him tonight.

His name is Kaleb. He's been with me since my days in a log cabin in the Maine woods to hustle and bustle of Mexico City to the lush homestead we have here in Sugar Land, TX.

I think his time is up. The vet gave us some meds to ease his pain, but I'm struggling with making the tough call. He's been real bad before and bounced back, but he's never been this bad.

Again, thanks for the kind words.

Thanks.

My dog was abandoned in a vacant house for days before I adopted him. The vet said he thought he was going to die.

When I got him, his ribs were plainly visible. He survived cancer (7 years ago).

He's been a real good dog his whole life. He's a big dog- half shepherd (body size & shape) and half yellow lab (color).

He is a couple months short of his 19th birthday. The Vets says he's a true miracle dog. He's been nearly blind and deaf for over 3-4 years. He has had severe arthritis for year but still looked forward to his daily walk until a couple weeks ago. We've had to help him up and out to the back yard and he started falling down more often. Yesterday, he couldn't even stand up. I had to spoon feed him tonight.

His name is Kaleb. He's been with me since my days in a log cabin in the Maine woods to hustle and bustle of Mexico City to the lush homestead we have here in Sugar Land, TX.

I think his time is up. The vet gave us some meds to ease his pain, but I'm struggling with making the tough call. He's been real bad before and bounced back, but he's never been this bad.

Again, thanks for the kind words.
    I've been there . I know the feeling, the emotions . Best wishes .

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    I've been there . I know the feeling, the emotions . Best wishes .
    Thanks.

We got him to eat without a spoon a while ago, and he's drinking electrolytes and water. He even was able to walk a little after I carried him outside.

He used to weight about 80 lbs. I think he's under 50 now. Maybe he'll bounce back again.

I've lost a couple dogs in the past, and that hurt, but Kaleb has been with me through a lot. It will hurt like hell when he passes, but I know he's led a charmed life.

Again, thanks.

Deity
    Thanks.

We got him to eat without a spoon a while ago, and he's drinking electrolytes and water. He even was able to walk a little after I carried him outside.

He used to weight about 80 lbs. I think he's under 50 now. Maybe he'll bounce back again.

I've lost a couple dogs in the past, and that hurt, but Kaleb has been with me through a lot. It will hurt like hell when he passes, but I know he's led a charmed life.

Again, thanks.

My puppy’s name in the shelter was Caleb. But now his name is Blue...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    My puppy’s name in the shelter was Caleb. But now his name is Blue...
    Old Blue
    -Cisco Houston

Deity
    They left out the lyrics where he pooped in the hallway and repeatedly bit my wife’s hands...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    They left out the lyrics where he pooped in the hallway and repeatedly bit my wife’s hands...
    Kaleb never pooped, peed or chewed anything until he turned 18 1/2. He's been the perfect dog.

He just recently can't hold his urine. The guy had amazing holding powers. I once got snowed in for almost 2 days away from home, and when I returned, he had not peed or pooped. When I took him out, he was so excited I was home, he didn't do his duty until I brought him back in and a few minutes later he went to the door to be let out!

Sox are going 9-5 over this next stretch of 14 games.
    book it.
    other names i have posted under: none