Register now to remove this ad

Page 441 of 509 FirstFirst ... 341391431439440441442443451491 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,615 of 7627

Thread: A Realistic View at 2019: Part I

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    A prescient call by Bell and Moon after today's 3 hit , including HR, by Steve Pearce.
    Lots of people hit today. Lets see what happens against teams with better pitching. Be great if Bradley and Pearce round into form though.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    And of course Holt has the option. Stash him while Pedey is trying to give it a go, and take it from there?

It’s been pointed out that with his service time, Holt cannot be demoted without his approval...

Quote Originally Posted by bellhorn04 View Post
    and pearce will start to hit, you can count on it. He's a good hitter.
    Hfx go BOOM
    other names i have posted under: none

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post

The only one anyone should even consider is Carlos Torres. Although Rosscup already has his next job...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    With Chavis playing 2b, Holt and Nunez are the redundancy on this team. The argument against keeping Pearce is that Moreland is playing well enough to keep him benched. But we’ve seen first half heroics from Moreland before,..
    Chavis can play 1B, and Holt can in a pinch.

I think it comes down to who we think will do better going forward.
    Sox 4 Ever

You’ve got your top two going against Houston’s 4 and 5. Sunday looks less than promising for you guys with ERod facing Verlander, but avoiding Cole and running Proce and Sale in the first two gives you the advantage in the series

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    You’ve got your top two going against Houston’s 4 and 5. Sunday looks less than promising for you guys with ERod facing Verlander, but avoiding Cole and running Proce and Sale in the first two gives you the advantage in the series
    Sale sucks tho?
    other names i have posted under: none

He doesn’t suck. He’s still throwing a bit slower than last year, but he’s adjusted. Way higher percentage of sliders this year. He’s still a horse

Deity
    He doesn’t suck. He’s still throwing a bit slower than last year, but he’s adjusted. Way higher percentage of sliders this year. He’s still a horse
    It’s “down” because of a couple early season “restgate” starts.

His velocity is returning to prior levels.

https://www.fangraphs.com/graphs.asp...FA&ymin=&ymax=

It's still a little down, but with Leon catching him, there's no stopping...

Chris Freakin' Sale!

Sox 4 Ever

Deity
    I like Sale's slider--really. But what happened to the changeup which now appears infrequently and usually as a waste pitch?

Legend
    Not for nothing, but Sale has been throwing pretty consistently at 95 when he dials it up. I remember that you and I had a minor disagreement about this. Seems his arm is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    Not for nothing, but Sale has been throwing pretty consistently at 95 when he dials it up. I remember that you and I had a minor disagreement about this. Seems his arm is fine.
    When I start seeing him pumping 98-99 in the warmer weather, then I'll believe it. He still hasn't shown me that he has that top gear. Then again, at 95, he is extremely effective
    Hal sucks

When I start seeing him pumping 98-99 in the warmer weather, then I'll believe it. He still hasn't shown me that he has that top gear. Then again, at 95, he is extremely effective
    He just had a stretch of 40 strikeouts without a walk.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Legend
    As I recall the disagreement was about 95, not 99. I am not sure he will get quite to 99. But as you said, at 95 he will be effective. Earlier this year he was at 92-93.