Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Thank You

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar

Thank You

With the U.S. version of Thanksgiving looming, I'd like to take a minute to thank Yeszir, Youk and Jasonbay44 for providing this site and keeping us safe from trolls and spammers. It's a great refuge from the scary outside world.

Thanks also to all the regular posters who contribute to the conversation and make this site a fun and entertaining place to be. (Yes, even you, Jacko).
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

I second that. There is a lot more that I am thankful for that is far more important in the big scheme of things, but baseball is a great release and pastime for me. I look forward to coming to Talksox to read and post about the sport that I love.

I appreciate the work that is put into maintaining and moderating the site.

IMO, it's an awesome forum!

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Your gratitude is worthless to me without cash gifts.

Seriously though, thanks for the acknowledgements guys, glad you're all here.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Cash gifts implies I have disposable cash....
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

I've been here for a while, and to me talksox has become part of my daily basis activities LOL!

Forum has had ups and downs but always well monitored and moderated mainly by youk and recently by JB44 who was a huge addition for the board as a mod.

Sometimes I can't post as much as I would like but I'm always alert.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Posts like this are always appreciated. This Forum wouldn't exist without all the active contributors on here, and I appreciate you all. This was a great season and being here for it made it way more enjoyable, especially when I live in Maryland and everyone besides my family and one friend HATES the Sox lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    Posts like this are always appreciated. This Forum wouldn't exist without all the active contributors on here, and I appreciate you all. This was a great season and being here for it made it way more enjoyable, especially when I live in Maryland and everyone besides my family and one friend HATES the Sox lol.
    You need new friends.
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

You guys are the best mods. There is no doubt about that. You are a big part of why so many of us have come here for so many years. When I started posting here, Yeszir and Youk still had pimples. Your patience is a also big reason why so many of us are still allowed to post here.

I vote that the salaries of the mods be doubled. I would decree the salary increase as King of TalkSox, but it is only a ceremonial self-anointed position. Thus, any decree would have no effect.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

You guys are the best mods. There is no doubt about that. You are a big part of why so many of us have come here for so many years. When I started posting here, Yeszir and Youk still had pimples. Your patience is a also big reason why so many of us are still allowed to post here.

I vote that the salaries of the mods be doubled. I would decree the salary increase as King of TalkSox, but it is only a ceremonial self-anointed position. Thus, any decree would have no effect.
    I agree! What's double of nothing? I know we have a couple accountants here who could help me out with the math. I could use the money!

Seconded
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    I agree! What's double of nothing? I know we have a couple accountants here who could help me out with the math. I could use the money!
    + 5 Intangible Asset to Youk
    + 5 Intangible Asset to JBay
    + 3 Intangible Asset to Yeszir
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")