Register now to remove this ad

Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: The future of baseball

RoBoT uMpS nOw!!!!!!!
    other names i have posted under: none

@ChrisCotillo
    I'll start warning you all now: Wednesday's Red Sox-Rays game (1:10 p.m.) is available exclusively on YouTube. Not on NESN. Not anywhere else. YouTube.

This is the future of baseball that nobody asked for.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    @ChrisCotillo
    I'll start warning you all now: Wednesday's Red Sox-Rays game (1:10 p.m.) is available exclusively on YouTube. Not on NESN. Not anywhere else. YouTube.

This is the future of baseball that nobody asked for.
    LFG! That means I can actually watch it!!!!
    I can't disagree with you

MLB fines Castellanos for flexing over an opponent and suspends him for 2 days.

Yeah, any time someone does something cool, just fine and suspend him. Let's make sure this stays a milquetoast game for seniors only.

Rob Manfred hates baseball part 11:

Removing the DH once the starting pitcher is pulled?

Moving the pitching rubber back one foot?

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/...ic-league.html

The “double-hook” designated hitter rule will be in place for the entirety of the 2021 Atlantic League season. Under the new rule, a team will lose its designated hitter once the starting pitcher is pulled from the game. From that point forth, the team will need to either deploy a pinch-hitter or allow a relief pitcher to bat in what was the designated hitter’s place.

Within its release, MLB indicates that their analysis concluded a one-foot increase “would be the minimum interval needed to evaluate a change in mound distance,” adding that the change is “expected to be meaningful without being disruptive.” The goal, as readers have surely deduced, is to curb the league’s rising strikeout rate and increase the number of balls in play.

Rob Manfred hates baseball part 11:

Removing the DH once the starting pitcher is pulled?

Moving the pitching rubber back one foot?

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/...ic-league.html

The “double-hook” designated hitter rule will be in place for the entirety of the 2021 Atlantic League season. Under the new rule, a team will lose its designated hitter once the starting pitcher is pulled from the game. From that point forth, the team will need to either deploy a pinch-hitter or allow a relief pitcher to bat in what was the designated hitter’s place.

Within its release, MLB indicates that their analysis concluded a one-foot increase “would be the minimum interval needed to evaluate a change in mound distance,” adding that the change is “expected to be meaningful without being disruptive.” The goal, as readers have surely deduced, is to curb the league’s rising strikeout rate and increase the number of balls in play.
    The DH rule will eliminate the concept of Openers. It will also make the tiny managerial brains short circuit. LOL!

Kimmi will call me a traditionalist because I don’t like the 7 inning double headers nor the extra inning rule.

Question: Does a pitcher get charged for an earned run if the free runner scores? If the free runner scores and his team loses, does he get tagged with the loss.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

The DH rule will eliminate the concept of Openers. It will also make the tiny managerial brains short circuit. LOL!

Kimmi will call me a traditionalist because I don’t like the 7 inning double headers nor the extra inning rule.

Question: Does a pitcher get charged for an earned run if the free runner scores? If the free runner scores and his team loses, does he get tagged with the loss.
    The pitcher gets charged with a run (not earned) and a loss.

The pitcher gets charged with a run (not earned) and a loss.
    So, the reliever can take the loss without allowing a base runner — a ground ball and a SF.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

So, the reliever can take the loss without allowing a base runner — a ground ball and a SF.
    My cousin is a pitcher who despises this rule almost as much as I do when a batter flinches at an offspeed pitch and the first base ump calls the appeal a swing (when it's barely even a check-swing). Does the MLB really want to cut down on strike-outs? Eliminate the check-the-check and force umps to call it a ball unless the batter turns his wrists over -- like it was 50 years ago.

Deity

Hey maybe Manfred will bring back mandatory underhanded pitching too! It was good enough for Tim Keefe!!

Though I don't hate either the 7 inning double headers nor the runner on 2B to start extra inning rule as much as I did when the ideas were first presented, I still prefer not to have either. I think I am very much a traditionalist when it comes to the way the game is played. I really dislike the opener. As far as I can recall, the only new rule that I like is the rule about relievers having to face a minimum of 3 batters.

One thing I've noticed that seems strange is that the Canadian sports channels are showing hardly any MLB games outside of Jays games this year. They used to show a pile of other games.

That and the fact the Red Sox are playing so well is going to push me into an Extra Innings subscription.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    One thing I've noticed that seems strange is that the Canadian sports channels are showing hardly any MLB games outside of Jays games this year. They used to show a pile of other games.

That and the fact the Red Sox are playing so well is going to push me into an Extra Innings subscription.
    Don't fall for it! I've been surviving with only radio (except for the last two nights with SNY), and you can too!

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Don't fall for it! I've been surviving with only radio (except for the last two nights with SNY), and you can too!
    I watched the SNY feed the past two nights. Three observations: 1 - The Sox are a legitimate contender. 2 - The Mets need lessons on hitting or laying off the breaking ball. 3 - The Met's announcers are far , far better than the NESN crew.
    Old school is good school.

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    I watched the SNY feed the past two nights. Three observations: 1 - The Sox are a legitimate contender. 2 - The Mets need lessons on hitting or laying off the breaking ball. 3 - The Met's announcers are far , far better than the NESN crew.
    The SNY crew is widely regarded as one of the best in the league