Register now to remove this ad

Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: The future of baseball

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    I watched the SNY feed the past two nights. Three observations: 1 - The Sox are a legitimate contender. 2 - The Mets need lessons on hitting or laying off the breaking ball. 3 - The Met's announcers are far , far better than the NESN crew.
    I thought the Mets crew was very good. I usually can't say that about the away team's announcers.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    The SNY crew is widely regarded as one of the best in the league
    They are very good.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Don't fall for it! I've been surviving with only radio (except for the last two nights with SNY), and you can too!
    I listened to some of last night's game on the radio.

Thanks for that piece of advice.

You're going to be a good accountant!
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Tony La Russa did not know that he could have used Jose Abreu at second base as the free runner instead of closer Liam Hendriks. Was informed of an amendment to rule by @JRFegan. "I'm guessing you know the rules better. Now I know," he said
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

It is absolutely time for the MLB to look into banning the shift or at least banning the humidors and returning to the rocket ball. The games right now are almost unwatchable. The shift is forcing good hitters to need to elevate their launch angle which is leading to more K's. MLB decided to pull back on the core of the ball which has led to less HRs. What you have is an unexciting product. It is one thing to watch a beautiful pitching duel in between a few badly pitched games. But in today's game, it seems every game is a pitcher's duel and it is more rare to see offense. I can enjoy the purity of a good pitching duel, but most fans cannot and it is killing the product.

It is time for a rule where 2 infielders must be on the left side of 2nd and 2 infielders must be on the right side of 2nd. Therefore, if you want to truly shift, you have to pull an outfielder over which leaves a wide open outfield section and a far more enticing target for hitters and a far less enticing scenario for managers to utilize. This will allow the true big power hitters to also have high averages again
    Hal sucks

@JeffPassan
    BREAKING: The Oakland A's will start exploring relocation possibilities after Major League Baseball suggested the organization consider moving to other cities if the Howard Terminal stadium proposal is not approved by local politicians.

Should have been allowed to move to San Jose 20 years ago.
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    It is absolutely time for the MLB to look into banning the shift or at least banning the humidors and returning to the rocket ball. The games right now are almost unwatchable. The shift is forcing good hitters to need to elevate their launch angle which is leading to more K's. MLB decided to pull back on the core of the ball which has led to less HRs. What you have is an unexciting product. It is one thing to watch a beautiful pitching duel in between a few badly pitched games. But in today's game, it seems every game is a pitcher's duel and it is more rare to see offense. I can enjoy the purity of a good pitching duel, but most fans cannot and it is killing the product.

It is time for a rule where 2 infielders must be on the left side of 2nd and 2 infielders must be on the right side of 2nd. Therefore, if you want to truly shift, you have to pull an outfielder over which leaves a wide open outfield section and a far more enticing target for hitters and a far less enticing scenario for managers to utilize. This will allow the true big power hitters to also have high averages again
    Can a guy stand 1 inch to the left of 2B and run towards 1B after the pitch is thrown?
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    @JeffPassan
    BREAKING: The Oakland A's will start exploring relocation possibilities after Major League Baseball suggested the organization consider moving to other cities if the Howard Terminal stadium proposal is not approved by local politicians.

Should have been allowed to move to San Jose 20 years ago.
    TB should move, too.

I always felt Miami and Tampa should share a team. Call it the Florida Marlins and play about half their home games in each city.
    Sox 4 Ever

I read an article where the mlb batting avg is 234. All time low. This shifting crap has got to stop. Changes need to be done. I'm honestly sick of this crap. It's all analytics. Players have a cheat sheet on the field on where to play everyone. Get back to the old playing days and play everyone straight up and enough of these cheat sheet crap. It's getting worse by the year. I watch games and you hear the announcers " oh wow that fielder played that perfecty " no fucking shit, he looked at his cheat sheet and knew where to position himself. To me this also takes away the human element and who knows if these fielders would be as good without their blanky. I'm 40 years old and if I look back 20 years ago, I was way more interested in games than I am now. And the Sox are killing it with 4 WS titles. If anything I should be more interested with the fact from all the winning.

Deity
    TB should move, too.

I always felt Miami and Tampa should share a team. Call it the Florida Marlins and play about half their home games in each city.
    Tampa baseball was always a bad idea.

About 1/4 of the residents of Tampa are retired New Yorkers who brought their pinstriped blood to Florida. Sometimes in little IV bags...

Tampa baseball was always a bad idea.

About 1/4 of the residents of Tampa are retired New Yorkers who brought their pinstriped blood to Florida. Sometimes in little IV bags...
    Miami is about the same.
    Sox 4 Ever

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post

You obviously did not watch tonight’s Red Sox game.

And I don’t get all this “ban the shift.” It’s a DEFENSIVE ALIGNMENT, not a performance-enhancing drug. If it’s making baseball unwatchable, blame the hitters who refuse to learn how to hit around it...

Deity
    Miami is about the same.
    Not as bad as Tampa. My brother lived there for years and his attitude was “it’s against the law to be under 50 around here”...

You obviously did not watch tonight’s Red Sox game.

And I don’t get all this “ban the shift.” It’s a DEFENSIVE ALIGNMENT, not a performance-enhancing drug. If it’s making baseball unwatchable, blame the hitters who refuse to learn how to hit around it...
    Let’s draw little circles in the OF, too, and make them stay in the circles before every pitch.
    Sox 4 Ever

Not as bad as Tampa. My brother lived there for years and his attitude was “it’s against the law to be under 50 around here”...
    It’s bigger, too, but they run into the same issue.

Even Houston has too many transplants to feel like the whole city is behind the Astros.
    Sox 4 Ever