Register now to remove this ad

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Results 181 to 193 of 193

Thread: The future of baseball

  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    as long as i can get real beer i am OK with this approach.....

    Robot beers now!!

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    They should just replace the umpires, players, stadiums, and equipment with an intricately calibrated computer program that simulates 162 games a season for each team.
    Then all that remains is to replace us.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

    mvp 78 is an excellent poster, and Babe is indeed a troll.

  3. #183
    Extend the netting all the way down the foul lines and fielders have to play the ball off the netting like in Arena Football.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyWilliams View Post
    Dan Clark is an award winning baseball writer who is a member of the IBWAA and has worked for Fox sports, the Daily Telegraph as well as MASN.

    While he might not be as well known as Olney or Rosenthal, he's far from a nobody.......
    "where’s that fake reporter dude who swore Manny had a deal with the Yankees on January 2nd" - Keith Law on Dan Clark

    The BDC transplants have been an excellent addition to the TalkSox forum. Except for that shitty troll Babe.

  4. #184
    Pace of play suggestions:

    1) Foul ball = automatic out. Plus the hitter has to reimburse MLB for the cost of the ball.
    2) Batter hit by pitch = batter is out. This should really move things along
    3) Manager changes pitcher mid-inning - First batter up credited with a home run and
    4) Manager/coach visits mound - hitter is credited with a home run. That should cut down on those time wasters.
    5) Pitchers uses two baseballs and is required to pitch the second while the catcher is throwing back the first.
    6) Hitter steps out of batters box - Hitter is out and suspended for two games. And is required to get divorced.


    That should work.

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    That's a really interesting article. I'd never considered that before, but it raises a good point. Unfortunately I can't think of a perfect way to fix it.
    Personally, I love seeing those epic battles between pitcher and batter.

    IMO, the only real issue is the # of and the length of commercial breaks.

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Pace of play suggestions:

    1) Foul ball = automatic out. Plus the hitter has to reimburse MLB for the cost of the ball.
    2) Batter hit by pitch = batter is out. This should really move things along
    3) Manager changes pitcher mid-inning - First batter up credited with a home run and
    4) Manager/coach visits mound - hitter is credited with a home run. That should cut down on those time wasters.
    5) Pitchers uses two baseballs and is required to pitch the second while the catcher is throwing back the first.
    6) Hitter steps out of batters box - Hitter is out and suspended for two games. And is required to get divorced.


    That should work.
    LOL

    You're a nut.

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    That's a really interesting article. I'd never considered that before, but it raises a good point. Unfortunately I can't think of a perfect way to fix it.
    Me neither, unless, say, a fifth foul ball is an out. But it seems unfair to punish hitters for uh-uh-uh-uh, stayin' alive, stayin' alive.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    don't put up no brick

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    One of the points is that total foul ball territory in baseball has shrunk.

    We can forget about that changing, because the reason it's happening is obviously to maximize revenue.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

    mvp 78 is an excellent poster, and Babe is indeed a troll.

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    LOL

    You're a nut.
    Ha, and you talk about Canadians being crazy.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

    mvp 78 is an excellent poster, and Babe is indeed a troll.

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Robot beers now!!
    I remember when I was at a game and saw them filling beers from the bottom of the cup upwards for the first time and I was mesmerized. HOW???!
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    don't put up no brick

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    I remember when I was at a game and saw them filling beers from the bottom of the cup upwards for the first time and I was mesmerized. HOW???!
    https://boston.sbnation.com/boston-r...er-fenway-park
    Sign above the toilet in my bathroom - "Please flush twice, it's a long way to New Jersey"

    Most posters in here are pretty cool, aside from asshats like mvp 78

  12. #192
    One question or study that might show me more about the state of MLB would be to show home much the lowest salary teams are increasing or decreasing their salary budgets.

    Here are some team's year ending 40 man payrolls over the last 3 years:
    2016>2017>2018 in $millions
    Red= Franchise Record Salary Budget
    CWS: 132>101>83 (30th)
    TBR: 81>100> 96 (29th)
    OAK: 101>90>96 (28th)
    PIT: 110>109>103 (27th)
    MIA: 124>155>108 (26th)
    CIN: 101>108>112 (25th)
    PHI: 89>100>95 (24th) Franchise Record-178 in 2014
    MIL: 72>79>121 (23rd)
    ASD: 107>99>130 (22nd)
    SDP: 107>99>130 (21st)
    KCR: 177>185>132 (20th)
    DET: 212>207>135 (19th)
    MN: 122> 124> 144 (18th)


  13. #193
    Jesus, more complaining about pre-arbitration salaries. Does no one understand how a CBA works? Yeah, teams COULD pay more, but they don't have to. Everyone knows the rules. Players need to STFU and if it bothers them so much, press for change in the next CBA negotiations.

    https://deadspin.com/does-mlb-care-i...res-1833054171
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    don't put up no brick

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •