Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25

Thread: What new thing did you learn today?

  1. #16
    The Lemon Drop Kid Northern Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,760
    I learned that this board has a thread entitled "Woman marries a dolphin," which is my nomination for weirdest Talksox off-topic thread unless anyone can dig up something better.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    don't put up no brick

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  2. #17
    Resident Old Fart Spudboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    24,363
    I learned that Barry Bonds Kush is mediocre weed.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  3. #18
    The Lemon Drop Kid Northern Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,760
    A few days ago I found out that Mac and Me had a bigger budget than E.T. (not adjusted for inflation).
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    don't put up no brick

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  4. #19
    The Lemon Drop Kid Northern Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,760
    By looking at old threads here, I learned that Emmz has the best signature ever on this site.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    don't put up no brick

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  5. #20
    The Lemon Drop Kid Northern Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,760
    I learned, on partial rewatch, that "Manos": The Hands of Fate (literally: Hands: The Hands of Fate) is even worse than I remember it. The inept writing, acting and direction (and editing, or lack thereof) forms a colossal shitstorm of lethargic boredom that not even the fantastic Torgo can overcome.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    don't put up no brick

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  6. #21
    The Lemon Drop Kid Northern Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,760
    I learned that Alexa can record your private conversations in your home without your knowledge, and then they are stored on Amazon's servers, accessible to who knows how many people and companies.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    don't put up no brick

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  7. #22
    The Lemon Drop Kid Northern Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,760
    Yesterday I learned what the Lanehawk scanner at the grocery store checkout is for.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    don't put up no brick

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  8. #23
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    23,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    I learned that Alexa can record your private conversations in your home without your knowledge, and then they are stored on Amazon's servers, accessible to who knows how many people and companies.
    People are suckers, they really are. They so easily buy into the idea that all this new personal media technology is necessarily GOOD for them.

  9. #24
    Legend TylerD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8,632
    I learnt that if I Key 500 applications compared to my co worker who keys 50. She gets praise and I get shit. My boss is good that way

  10. #25
    The Lemon Drop Kid Northern Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,760
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    I learnt that if I Key 500 applications compared to my co worker who keys 50. She gets praise and I get shit. My boss is good that way
    Is your boss Bill Lumbergh, by chance?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    don't put up no brick

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •