Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: David Ortiz signs...

David Ortiz signs...

If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

Ok... I'll say it... I'm not looking forward to this.

Papi was a team leader in Boston and contributed to WSC's but I don't see him as being good in the booth.

First of all, I speak two languages (English and Downeast Maine ) and I frequently have trouble understanding what Papi is saying.
    Also, while I do understand that he's enjoying himself, he can't seem to utter a sentence without laughing during it and I don't find the jocularity enhancing. [understatement]

I know that he at one time was one of the faces of baseball and as such he'll be a good draw for Fox Sports but I'm not at all sure he's cut out for the booth.

Ok. Trash me. Tell me what a bad fan I am. Ugh.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Deity
    I hear there paying him in mofongo... and wasakaka con queso frito... and

Legend
    I doesn't preclude him from working for the club necessarily ... he was doing studio work the last 2 postseasons ... not much to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post

Papi was a team leader in Boston and contributed to WSC's but I don't see him as being good in the booth.

First of all, I speak two languages (English and Downeast Maine ) and I frequently have trouble understanding what Papi is saying.
    Also, while I do understand that he's enjoying himself, he can't seem to utter a sentence without laughing during it and I don't find the jocularity enhancing. [understatement]

I know that he at one time was one of the faces of baseball and as such he'll be a good draw for Fox Sports but I'm not at all sure he's cut out for the booth.

I have to agree with you here, he's terrible on TV.

And, unlike his playing days, he can't just drink a "milkshake" to fix his deficiencies......
    Last edited by BillyWilliams; 11-11-2018 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post

I think Fox Sports likes the idea of having Ortiz and ARod as co-analysts.

No matter how bad Ortiz might be (and I'm not saying that I agree with you), he's 100 times easier to listen to than ARod is. At least Ortiz is likeable.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post

No matter how bad Ortiz might be (and I'm not saying that I agree with you), he's 100 times easier to listen to than ARod is. At least Ortiz is likeable.
    What is funny is that early ARod was very likeable on TV. (like he really likes baseball) But this year he was not nearly as good with more exposure.

OMG YES! But that bar is so low it's on the ground to begin with!!
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Meh it will be entertaining to see what he says even if it sounds foolish at times lol.

Actually, Papi and ARod are good buddies. Another example that the fans take things way more seriously than the players do .

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Fox Sports is one of the major things that's wrong with baseball, irrespective of who's in the booth.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Fox Sports is one of the major things that's wrong with baseball, irrespective of who's in the booth.
    That most of the announcers at the national level do not seem to like current players is a real problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sk7326 View Post
    What is funny is that early ARod was very likeable on TV. (like he really likes baseball) But this year he was not nearly as good with more exposure.
    My understanding is that ARod is actually quite good as an analyst. There is no doubt that he loves the game and knows it very well. I am just so turned off by him that I can't listen to him.

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Actually, Papi and ARod are good buddies. Another example that the fans take things way more seriously than the players do .
    Baseball is life or death for us fans. Of course we take it seriously!

Baseball is life or death for us fans. Of course we take it seriously!
    I'm trying to figure out who said A-Rod and Ortiz didn't or shouldn't get along.
    I thought it was common knowledge that they were friends.
    “The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead.
    It's only difficult for other people.

It works the same way for stupid."