Register now to remove this ad

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: RIP President George H.W. Bush

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    No, you are dead wrong. I have not listed one detail about HW's wrong doings, but you have continued to go on and on with more and more platitudes.

No one cares. STFU.
    “The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead.
    It's only difficult for other people.

It works the same way for stupid."

Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post
    Moon,

I think I caught that rendition in the Daily Beast? Nice summary though!

Anyway.....

Again, you misstate what happened.......

You keep ignoring that YOU woke up this morning with your boxers in a bundle, & decided to lob "political" granades at Reagan, after DEMANDING the night before that "politics" must be kept from the board.

You woke up & decided to start talking about, "REAGAN'S TREASONOUS ACTS," after agreeing to mute any political spin. After we had both agreed.

You and I came to an understanding last night about keeping politics out of this. It was a very nice exchange, but you were fiercely adamant that POLITICS MUST BE KEPT OUT OF THIS SITE. I agreed, and had already softened my praise of Bush, agreeing that the "greatness" moniker I had bestowed upon him was hyperbole born out of nostalgia and sadness.

We agreed to disagree, and I apologized for getting close to "politics," in my praise. Not that a bit of praise is not warranted upon the death of an American president, but out of respect to our agreement to keep "politics" off this board. Which in general, I absolutely agree with.

Look.... I get that you are... ummmm.... how do I say this? "Exceptionally passionate" about your political views, and reinforce those feelings with select journals . . . But, we're simply talking about an incredibly OBSCURE tribute to a man who was President of the United States. This wasn't an op ed in the fucking Wall Street Journal. I GREATLY TEMPERED my praise after you warned me off of politics. We had a very nice talk last night, and came to an understanding.

You woke up with your hair on fire, & started lobbing grenades at Reagan. THE GUY who DEMANDED "no politics," wakes up & says, "f that! I'm gonna start a political food fight," after demanding no politics?

Sorry Moon! Speaking of being "dead wrong?" That's just dead spin by you.
    It's hard not to be passionate when truths like these are ignored and glossed over.

I didn't start the "political" aspect of this thread, and that's not "dead spin."

You think what you said is barely "getting close to politics." I disagree.

My statement on Reagan was in the context of how carter's presidency is viewed. RR had to be pardoned for his acts that were clearly treasonous. That's not a partisan swipe- it's the truth. It's not "deep state" conspiracy theory, which you brought up and made it personal. I have not taken a personal swipe at anyone on this thread, yet I've been called "nasty", a purveyor of "deep state conspiracy" theories and more. If you read back, you'll see I never got personal with any poster. I was responding to a post about Jimmy Carter and brought up Reagan not Bush, who I had agreed to stop talking politics about.

Did you even notice you brought up Clinton yesterday morning? I guess saying nice things about politicians is not being political- only bad things. You talked about Colin Powell, Obama and more, but that's not "political." Talk about dead spin.

Nothing I said is untrue. There are facts and oodles of evidence to prove all of it, and I barely spoke of the tip of the iceberg.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    You might be on your way after that tirade. So much for you exercising restraint.
    Fine, but I didn't call any poster's words "nasty" or accuse them of spreading deep state conspiracy theories.

If I'm banned, so be it, but if I'm the only one banned over this, then fairness has to be called into question.

Quote Originally Posted by SoxnCycles View Post
    No one cares. STFU.
    Maybe more should care.

And again, I refrain from personal attacks, but it's me who people may want banned.

Typical. Gloss over the truth and demonize those who dare to tarnish your false images of reality. Censor and ban.

Lovely.

Although you clearly keep missing my central point.... that being that you professed your fervent desire to KEEP POLITICS OUT OF THIS, warned me off of over blowing praise of Bush, "as that is inherently political," came to a tacit agreement with me to avoid politics in this thread in the future, & then inexplicably woke up the next morning & went out of your way to go even more political, with actual attacks on dead presidents.

You clearly were repulsed by any praise of Bush, and said praise, even on the day of the man's death, was inherently political. As political as taking shots at any politician. I didn't agree, but out of respect for "keeping politics off this site, I tempered my remarks greatly. The very next morning, a few guys take a few shots at politicians, & you jump on the negative and add your remarks about Reagan being a traitor. Now, you've gone from traitor to war crimes overnight?

Sorry Moon, I simply don't get what you are missing? To equate praise of a president on the day of his death, while praising members of the opposition party, with savaging other select presidents? Again Moon, I'm sorry, but that's just a bit out there? Context matters. Bush had just died, & this was a pretty tame tribute. It was tempered & bi-partisan from my first post.

The bottom line? YOU were beyond adamant from the beginning that "politics must be kept off this site!" I tried to honor that. You woke up the next morning, saw a critical post you liked, & started calling certain presidents traitors. Talk about getting political? Come on now moon! You lit the fuse of a political explosion. Your latest post was epic. SOOOOO over the top political that it demands a rebuttal. You are way past smart enough to know that there are arguments to counter your spin. It demands a political war. I'm not going near that, as you well know that the Reagan and Bush presidencies could & will be debated for centuries.

Anyway......

Time for us to all calm down a bit. Me included.

For all my criticism, banning you would be ridiculous! In general, I think you are a pretty decent guy. Exceptionally bright, with plenty of great stuff to offer this board! I think you lost a little perspective here, and you sometimes struggle with backing off of a few extreme points, but you are generally speaking a highly rational guy, with LOADS of information to back up your opinions.

Anyway Moon. Second bottom line??? No hard feelings, & I wish you the best.

So, maybe we should end my thread?
    Last edited by Sox75; 12-04-2018 at 09:39 AM.

I'm the most calm person you'll ever meet.

I'm not missing your point.

Yes, I wanted to keep politics out of it, but I wasn't the one who continued it and made it personal. Yes, the Reagan comment was political, but it was really meant as a context setter for what Carter had to deal with.

I felt like I was forced to state my views.

I have no hard feelings. I love my country, even those I disagree with.

Now that the cliff has been made irrelevant by winning a championship and having the best season of any Red Sox team in history we will go nuts discussing non-baseball issues.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    Now that the cliff has been made irrelevant by winning a championship and having the best season of any Red Sox team in history we will go nuts discussing non-baseball issues.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post
    Huh?
    Bush was a Rangers fan. I think.

Was just trying to divert things back to baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    Bush was a Rangers fan. I think.

Was just trying to divert things back to baseball.
    Okay. Given that Bush 41 was a resident of the Houston area for half a century, I think he was more of an Astros fan.

Any fandom of the Rangers probably was related to Bush 43's being a partial owner of the Rangers backs in the late 80s/early 90s; he sold that interest while he was Governor of Texas. in the mid to late 90s.

It was a decent try though; not bad for a Yankee backer
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Alright this thread has remained open long enough and is not going in the right direction. Closed.

For the record, no one will be banned, I shouldn't of allowed the thread to be left open in the first place, as I had a feeling we'd end up here.